or Connect

Posts by Shannie77

Cool thread.  We have  a galley style kitchen with quite a bit of counter space, but I like things to be as clear as is practical.   Permanent: Knife block Toaster  Wood cutting board  Spice rack - but I think that is going to go. Fruit bowl - but just before I saw this thread I was thinking I want to get rid of it.   Semi-Permanent (get put away when we have guests or if I am trying to be extra neat) Dish soap 2-3 bottles of vitamins   *We just...
When we lived in apartments and didn't have a dishwasher we had a nice umbra dish rack that I didn't mind looking at.  That way we could leave it out all the time.  Back then it was just DH and I and we didn't do a lot of messy cooking so there were never that many dishes.  Now we have a house and a dishwasher.  I just have a flat clear plastic dish tray.  I like it because it is easy to store.  Basically anything that is hand washed gets dried immediately, or within an...
Me too!! My diaries are basically the only things I feel attached to!  
We just do duvets.  The short time my DD slept in her own bed all that was on it was a fitted sheet, and then a baby blanket.  No matter how cold it is she sleeps in the nude with no blankets!   I have had duvets since I was a teen so I feel like I have it down pat.  It also helps to have a light cotton duvet cover.  We got a fancy linen like one for our wedding and quickly packed it up because it was so hard to put on.
I pretty much donate any gifted stuffed animals immediately.  As soon as the animal makes it home I hide it away.  If DD notices and asks I let her have it but usually she doesn't notice.  I NEVER buy stuffed animals and luckily it isn't something most people in my family give as gifts.  DD1 probably has about 3 at a time, with one being a special one that I wouldn't get rid or the.  The other 2 might go if she gets another that she prefers.  DD2 has none - she is 8...
I do a load a load about every other day, and will do sheets on the weekends as needed.  I have DH and 2 DCs.  We all put our laundry in one laundry basket in our master bedroom closet.  Any dish towels get put in the laundry room.  My newest rule is that we don't start getting ready for bed until all the laundry is put away.  This has really been helping, as has the every other day method.  Before we would do it all on the weekend and it just got to be too much.
Welcome!!! I lurked here for a long time before making the jump to posting.  So glad I did.
I hope it is OK if I join mid-month!!   a. Who you are:  Mom of 2 girls. I teach ballet and work from home doing bookkeeping.  I am not making much income right now. b. Where you are going (your financial goals): Right now we have some debt from moving and doing a reno that went over budget.  My husband makes about 4 times what I do and he thinks wants to spend it.  I want to save.  It is a bit of an issue.  If I bring up needing to cut back then he will just tell...
I am so glad to see this thread!!   Maisie was born on May 26, so she is just over 7 months - she is 27.5 inches and 17 pounds.  She is a really happy baby and truly adores her big sister (3.5).  It is amazing to see the bond they have already.  Maisie just wants to do everything Everly does, luckily Everly is quite good about playing with her.  Everly is also a great helper which is a wonderful surprise!     She has been crawling for a couple months now.  She is...
To me it sounds like your milk is gone.  When I was pregnant I stopped making milk... but DD1 just kept on nursing.  I am sure it would of been a good time to wean her though since at least part of the appeal was gone.