or Connect

Posts by Shannie77

This is pretty much what we do.  I try and make sure we are intimate 3 times a week.  That is what keeps my DH happy, which makes me happy and keeps our marriage on track.  Honestly I would be happy not to at all, but I also find that the more it becomes part of our routine the more I am able to get in to it.  Wine definitely helps! :P   I also co-sleep with my 2 daughters and we just use my DD's room or the basement.   I definitely found my libido got better when DD1 got...
I don't get a lot of milk when I pump... maybe 2 ounces?  But if I do it everyday then I quickly have quite a bit.  If I were in your position on the short days where you are going 3-4 hours I would not leave a bottle (unless you find you are able to start pumping more).  Then I would pump once a day and that should be enough for the day you are gone for a long time.  My DD is 7 months and I leave a 4 ounce bottle once a week for her when I am gone for just over 4 hours....
I live in Toronto, Canada and lived in Winnipeg for a while.  I am quite happy taking DD out to play if it is -10celcius (14 F) and above - to me that is pretty warm for the winter.  Once it gets much below that I am not as eager to go out and play for long periods of time.  
I am nursing my almost 4 year old and a 7 month old.  My older DD twiddles the opposite nipples and I honestly feel like I am losing my mind when she does this.  It is a HUGE problem.  Now it is such a strong association for her if I try to stop her she absolutely flips out.  My advice to all my friends who are breastfeeding is to make sure they stop their LOs from this kind of thing! :P  With my 7 month old, now she is started to scratch and grab so I just hold her hand...
My DD will be 4 in May and we are starting to look for a new car seat for her.  She is 31 pounds and 37 inches right now.  We have her forward facing because we can not get a second car seat in our car rear facing, and drive safely.  I want to get her something that will last as long as possible and something that is easy to instal.  We have an Eddie Bauer 5 in 1 and I HATE it.  It is really hard to install, in doesn't help that our OLD jetta's latch bars are buried...
My DD is almost 7 months and has also just started doing all those things, and she has become really cranky.  Yesterday she barely wanted to be put down and usually she is happy chasing after her sister and getting into trouble.  She woke up this morning and cried so much.  I am also wondering about teething... in fact I just posted about it!
You'd think this was my first child, but DD2 is so different then DD1 (almost 7 months)...  She never cries unless she has hurt herself or has gotten really hungry.  In the last few nights when she wakes up she will cry, and in the morning she has woken up crying.  This morning is has taken almost 30 minutes to calm her down.  She did pass quite a bit of gas while crying, which I have noticed a lot when she cries.  She just seems really uncomfortable.  She also seems...
I have left DD1 with my mother since she was 4 months old and I went back to teaching ballet a couple hours a week.  I completely trust her and DD1 has seen my mom at least once a week if not more since she was born.  They have a great relationship and I think the one on one time has been great for both of them.  Now my mom is watching DD1 and 2 (6 months) while I go back to work.  I totally trust my mom to follow my instructions, she is extremely gentle and even more...
  My uncle was killed while riding his bike a few years ago.  He was an avid cyclist.  His bike was painted bright yellow and he was wearing reflective gear and a helmet.  He was commuting through Toronto - NOT a bike friendly city.  So no I would never wear a baby in a mei tei and bike... or bike with my baby in any sort of carrier in Toronto either.  I would do it along the board walk or out here in the suburbs.
I am the eldest of 4 girls.  The youngest two are 8 and 9 years younger.  I really don't remember my mom asking me to do much in terms of watching them,  but she did include me in their care from the start.  From there I took a HUGE interest in helping out. I WANTED to babysit, change diapers, take them to the park etc.  When I was 18 I even volunteered to go on field trips with them etc.     My sister who is 2 years younger felt really put out about the younger two....