or Connect

Posts by Shannie77

I generally don't use any baby shampoo or soap, but I do own a paraben free, organic shampoo/ body wash by Aura Cacia, occasionally if DD seems really dirty (maybe once every other week).
Thank you so much for your quick replies. I figured it was OK, but I just needed to hear someone else say it. Especially when my mom and DH start getting worried.
My almost 4 month old baby who is EBF hasn't done a poop in almost 6 days. She has been going once a day, and she started going about 5 times a week. She seems fine, other than some pretty stinky toots starting yesterday. Her tummy doesn't feel hard or bloated. Any thoughts or suggestions? I know my friends EBF baby only goes once a week. I am just concerned because this isn't a gradual change. She has been having lots of wet diapers, although perhaps one or two...
Everly went back to tummy just before she turned two months. My neighbours little guy didn't do it until he was 7 months.
Thank you so much for all the suggestions. I am crossing my fingers that one of them works! I feel so much better knowing that I am not the only one dealing with this, and I don't feel like such a terrible mother anymore either.
Thank you so much for all your responses. I feel so much better that I am not the only one dealing with this. I wish I could try a new car seat but that isn't an option at this point. She does seem to respond well to music, but after a while it weres off. DH and I will try the static and see if that does the trick. I have my fingers crossed she outgrows it sooner than later!
My almost 4 month old, Everly has been a wonderfully easy baby. When she cries I can quickly calm her and she has never once cried during the night. HOWEVER... when we are in the car it is another story. I would say most of the time she ends up BAWLING and crying so hard she chokes herself. I sit in the back with her and try my best to keep her happy. It seems to me she gets tired and can't fall asleep which upsets her. When I have driven with her I tried...
My baby was born in a Toronto (Canada) hospital with a midwife. We were actually there for only 6 hours from start to finish. Obviously the midwife totally supported breastfeeding. Everly nursed for 20-30 mins after she was born. The hospital itself clearly supported breastfeeding. There were charts all over the floor showing how small a babies tummy is when it is born (so you wouldn't worry that your milk coming in), and stating that it is normal for a baby to lose...
I often take Everly back during the week because I can calm her down faster and DH is only home for so many hours, so I like them to be as relaxed as possible. On the weekends and sometimes on weeknights I force DH to fend for himself (as long as I am sure she isn't hungry). He is getting much better at settling her and he is great at distinguishing when she is hungry. When I started forcing DH into settling her I would make it seem like I possibly couldn't take her ...
I have the book "What's going on in there". (link below). It is about how the brain and mind develop in the first five years of life. All the information is from various studies. It reads like a textbook. The last chapter is a summary and suggests ways you can aid in brain development. There is quite a bit of information about premature babies. Most of the information is just the results of studies but I have used that information to come up with games etc. to do with...