or Connect

Posts by pinksprklybarefoot

Please!
Chinese takeout for us, too!
I have a weird relationship with honey. My "rules" are as follows:   1) If I want honey as an ingredient, I use the generic Target fake honey. Tastes like honey, full of chemicals, but vegan. If DH accidentally buys real honey, I don't freak out.   2) I do not buy products with honey in the name, except Burt's Bees lip balm (it is so hard to find vegan lip balm!) on occasion. No "honey 'n' oat" granola bars.   3) If the honey is way down in the ingredient...
I started saying, " Oh, we don't eat that - it has animals in it and we don't eat animals" when DS1 was pretty young. At four, I've been able to use the term "vegan" a little and he seems to understand what it means according to the definition above.   This Christmas, he is getting a book called, "That's Why We Don't Eat Animals: A Book About Vegetarians, Vegans, and All Living Things." It talks about animal cruelty topics without being graphic.   It is...
The way we usually get around hat sort of thing is by being vegan. Food intolerances would probably work as well. In my experience, daycares/preschools don't want to mess with that and are happy to have you pack something else.
Crunchy (describing people, not potato chips)
I'm glad you did I just came here looking for this thread! I enjoy it annually With DH and I both in school, money is really tight this year. I usually stuff stockings to the max, so it will be interesting doing it on a budget this year.Some things I am thinking about:Toothbrushes ( the ones you decorate with stickers)One of those roll-up water bottles for a water bottle-obsessed teenHair glueHomemade bookmarksPens for DHToy cooking utensils (DS2 is getting a homemade play...
Coming from someone who decided to have an abortion once, I would say that if you have *any* doubts, have the baby. I have no regrets over my decision, but I believe that you should err on the side of caution. There is never a "good" time to have a baby - lots of people make it work. Good luck with your decision.
I'm in pharmacy school, which is pretty similar. I plan on being a clinical pharmacist (not a community one that works at Walgreens). The pre-reqs for both are about the same, the application process is fairly similar, both degrees are doctoral, and at my school they try really hard to promote interprofessionalism and make all of us first-year professional students (med, pharm, dental, vet, etc) take a class together. I can answer most questions, or at least point you...
I remember going on choir trips (late 90s). They were amazing experiences. I have wonderful memories. Some if my favorite memories. They always included an educational component (working with an expert of some sort to better our performance) and singing in *really* cool places (churches with insane acoustics, a Baha'i temple). Sure, we sightsaw, but we also did plenty of choir-related things. However. These trips were less than $500 and always involved a long bus...