or Connect

Posts by pinksprklybarefoot

I just started pharmacy school - how less crunchy can you get? I am one of those people that believes that *many* health conditions in the US could be prevented/treated with lifestyle changes. But there are times when Western medicine works really well. The American medical system is pretty good at treating things after the fact. It is pretty terrible at preventing the problems in the first place. It was only my first week, and already I have been shown examples of...
Wow. I would have never thought of hat! *claps*
This is awesome.
DS1 did not talk until he was three, and even then, not much.  At his three-year check-up, his ped put in a referral and we had him evaluated a few months later.  He started speech therapy through the school district when school started in the fall.  He has made a *lot* of progress.  I am not sure if it was mostly time or not, but the speech therapy did help him with articulation.   When DS1 first went, he saw the speech pathologist alone for 30 minutes and went to a...
  The state is MN.  The county is one of the counties on the outskirts of the major metropolitan area in the state, so the court system there doesn't seem quite as clogged up with cases.  Things seem to be moving along pretty quickly.    From DH's experience writing a parenting agreement with my stepdaughter's mom, I know that in MN custody defaults to the mom if the parents are unmarried.  I also know that the court used to pretty much leave it like that unless there was...
I thought this as well, but they are a pretty conservative family.  The kids only recently have been allowed to have people over when the parents are gone (but not members of the opposite sex).  They pregnancy occurred during a one-time visit to the BF's house where Mary's parents thought that BF's parents would be home the whole time.  Apparently, the BF's parents left to pick up some take-out and we all know the end of the story.  Mary has a cousin around the same age...
I am not a single mother, but I know that the ladies on this forum are generally a good resource, so I thought I would try asking here for some advice for a relative.  I'll call her Mary.   Mary is 16 and has a 6 mo DD.  She lives with her parents.  She is adjusting well to motherhood, is still BFing, and has a lot of family support.  She is starting her junior year of high school this fall and plans to use our state's PSEO program to start college.  Academically,...
Yes to all of these!  I have been an undergrad student for the last few years.  I was preparing to apply to pharmacy school, so some of the classes were no joke.  I learned a lot about juggling school and family.  But, hey, it worked!  I start working on my Pharm. D in a couple of weeks   My DH is also a student (math major) and we can't afford daycare.  So we arrange our schedules so that someone is always home.   The PP's experience with studying at home is something...
I would be awfully surprised to see your ex granted split time if he has been pretty much absent for two years.  He most likely will get visitation if you pursue things legally - probably the standard EOW.  Your fiance most likely will not be an issue in the court's eyes, but there have been a few mamas on MDC who experienced discrimination when having their DF live with them prior to marriage.  It obviously depends on the judge.   In your shoes, I would just sit...
Is it possible that the fighting might diminish once they are settled into the new place and have some stability?  You didn't say too much about the situation, but my guess is that something must have prompted the change in parenting time.  Maybe whatever it was had been causing a lot of stress on the kids, the symptom of which = fighting?   Also, it is possible that your BF, now being the primary parent, would be in a better position to actually do something about...