or Connect

Posts by pinksprklybarefoot

I have had two amazing births with North Metro Midwives.  Kathrine was there for both of them (one she was the primary midwife, the other she was basically hanging out and taking pictures because waterbirth was new to North Memorial and they wanted two MWs/waterbirth).   I cannot say enough positive things about this woman - I love her and have so much respect for her as a professional.  The woman gives me a hug when I come in for a pap smear.   I wound up...
I'm in the midway area!  I don't know of any official playgroups, but we love to make new friends
Where is the ubiquitous "other" response?   For us, it is seasonal.  In the winter, it doesn't matter.  In the summer, when kids are grimy and their hands are caked with playground dirt, we make them wash.   I am pretty non-germaphobic, but dirt under fingernails and caked on makes even me bust out the soap and water.   I do wash after changing diapers, etc.
I'm glad you found a solution, OP. Love the Bright Eyes trade idea. Our first dance at our wedding was a Bright Eyes song
I recently read both Eat to Live and his book geared towards feeding children. I am trying to change my eating habits to resemble his plan. It isn't as much of a stretch as it might be for some, I was already vegan (although a junk food vegan). I think that for my family, slow change is easier than drastic, so I am not doing the 6 week plan, but instead making gradual changes. The no salt thing is really hard. DH used to be a chef, so things tend to be heavily...
It might depend on your situation (I am on my phone and can't see siggies). I have been in school full time-ish for the last few semesters, including taking the PCAT and going through the application process for pharmacy school. I started really jumping into school a month after DS2 was born. It has been doable, but I have had a lot of support from DH. Also, like the PP, I am pretty smart and can get away with a lot less studying than most (we'll see how that works...
We have a home management binder, and I have a plastic envelope that is three-hole punched that contains all of our "identity" documents - Social Security cards, birth certs, marriage/divorce paperwork, name change documents (two out of the five of us has had a legal name change at some point).  If we had passports, that is where they would go.   As far as finding it now, my toddler takes things out of my purse all of the time.  He prefers to stuff said things either...
In our house, the disrespectful comment would = no party. I know that not every MDC mama feels that way, but around here, that is how it would go.  When I was explaining the situation to DH, I spent a fair amount of time setting the scene talking about the boys and the tanning, then I mentioned the comment.  Then I said that people were divided over whether or not to allow the OP's DD to attend the party.  DH's response: "Wait, going to the party is still on the table? ...
A moving ice waterfall has got to be amazing to see!  How cool.  
Correlation does not equal causation.   FWIW, my kids run hot.  They were babies that did not wear any baby clothes - just diapers.  We had dozens of sleepers that went unused - and DS1 was born in a blizzard!   However, when they go outside, they wear winter gear, including snowpants.  For a couple of reasons: 1) Normal clothes get wet in the snow, and wet clothes are uncomfortable.  As one of the daycare MDCers mentioned, wet clothes really add work for daycare...