or Connect

Posts by pinksprklybarefoot

I did the night class thing for some time. It was fine, but I am happy to be taking day classes now. The homework issue really depends on the type of classes that you are taking. Easy to take at night and sneak study time during the day during naps, etc: psychology, sociology, public speaking, writing. Need defined study time: biochemistry, calculus, microbiology, anatomy & physiology. For me, math and science courses usually require out-of-the-house study time.
We have two adults and three kids living quite happily in less than 700 square feet. We recently moved from a place that was ~750 square feet, but the use of space in this place makes it feel bigger than the old place. I think it is because the old place was an apartment with 2 bedrooms and living space all on one level, but the new place is townhouse-style with the bedrooms upstairs and the living space downstairs. Small spaces are doable for families, but a good...
We have one bathroom, and six people that use it. Currently we have a mish-mash of towels. Little does the family know *rubs hands together in a calculating way* but the Easter Bunny will be bringing each family member a set of towels in their color in their Easter baskets (Our family is color-coded - each person has a color. There is a basket in each color in the bathroom for each person to store toiletries. The towels will be a natural extension of that). So that...
I'm with Habitat.
I have over 30 first cousins. I am one of the oldest. The youngest is actually now my brother - my dad and stepmom adopted him.
I can't believe scouting is so expensive for you! I am a Girl Scout leader and the highest I have ever charged for dues was $55, and that included uniforms. If you have girls in scouts, I knows that there are many grants available, and they are super-easy to get. I would assume the Boy Scouts have a similar program. I would say that about a third of my troop is on "scholarship," either through a grant or by the troop eating the cost (GS does not want any girl to be...
DH has a 50/50 parenting time arrangement - week on/week off.  This was decided when DSD's mom lived 10 minutes away.  Last year, she moved in with her BF and his kids (who have the same parenting time schedule) almost an hour away.  We have moved a little closer, so now it is a little less than 45 minutes.  DSD goes to school in our area.   The current situation is doable, but it is annoying.  Obviously, it is more annoying for DSD's mom due to the long commute...
Bolding mine.  
iPhone app and organized smileys!
We have one of these in our coat closet and it is one of the best investments I've made in the past year.  Ours holds bug spray, sunscreen, little cloth bags, crayons for travel, diapers and wipes ready to go, flashlights, the first aid kit, goggles (for swimming and and for chem lab), the candle lighter, the camera/cords for the camera, and a little "meal kit" with bibs and wipes.  When the baby was younger, I also rolled up my babyhawk and sling and kept them in it,...