or Connect

Posts by pinksprklybarefoot

DSD is 8, and here is what goes on here:   -She only bathes about twice a week in the winter, more in the summer.  She just doesn't get that dirty.   -She does forget to wipe (or wipes poorly) fairly often, but DH seems skittish about addressing with her (he has a couple of times).  I feel weird saying anything directly.   -We pick out her clothes together, ideally at the beginning of the school week.  She has an organizer that hangs in her closet with little...
What a tough situation!   I agree with the PPs about considering putting her in school.  It sounds like she really needs attention, so it is possible that having something new to focus on would help.  She will most likely make friends, giving her more people to talk to.  Moving to a new place is tough, but keeping her home might make the transition even more difficult because she is isolated, and then you are her only source of attention/support.  If you decide to...
Somehow, that seems kind of cute (my mom generally forbade sugar cereals as well).  I probably would have thought it was hilarious as a child.   When I was in college, my mom thought that tampons would make a great stocking stuffer.  At Christmas in front of my new boyfriend.   My brother bought my mom the worst Christmas present ever one year - a statue of a busty angel with psychedelic light-up wings (they changed color and everything).  She is not religious in the...
I love it all!  I love the twinkling lights, the festive feeling, the anticipation and planning of presents, being Santa - it is all so magical.  It is also fun to establish new traditions with my kids (like doing an advent calendar).   I can't wait until finals week is over and I can really enjoy it!
  I was going to post this, too.  I would totally say something like that, but in the spirit of, "Oh, it is so ridiculous that our government does not support new mothers with extended paid maternity leave like European countries do."   At risk of , it feels like your anger might be a little misdirected.  I understand that the situation stinks and that you are angry about it (I would be, too!), and maybe you are even a little resentful of your BF because he cannot...
What a horrific week!  On the bright side, it can't get much worse.   I would tell your students what is going on - I always like hearing that my professors are human with real lives outside of the classroom.   I hope this week is MUCH better for you!
We did this.  We picked "Wonderful."    We all have it except for DH's DD from a previous relationship.  She has her mom's name and DH's "maiden" name hyphenated.  DH hates it.  DSD's sister (not DH's biological child, but spends a lot of time with us) likes our name choice so much that she hyphenated hers on FB (which is what DSD's would look like if DSD's mom let DH change "his half" of DSD's last name to match his actual last name).   At first, some people thought that...
  I did, and it made me wonder why the "other woman" is always wearing cheap perfume.  You'd think she would splurge.
I am usually pretty vocal about fathers being a part of their children's lives, but in this case, give up the fight.  He doesn't care; it only hurts them.  Just keep being a good mama, and leave the relationship (or lack thereof) with their father to him and them.  You have done more than enough.  If their father wants a relationship with his children, he needs to take responsibility.  After all, he is the adult.
Yep.   I ran this by DH, to see how he would do it if DSD's mom were running for office, as well as how he would do it if he were running.  His take was that if DSD's mom were running (and married to her current BF who has two kids), was that she should say "Mom and stepmom of five."  No mention of him or her stepchildren's mom, because "As a candidate, you want to cast yourself in the best light possible."  And simplest, IMO.  When I read him what your DH's lit said, he...