or Connect

Posts by NoliMum

Thank you!  I thought Weir and Joy's was the same company so I didn't think to shop elsewhere.  Good to know it won't take extra fabric.  Thanks for all the tips, I can't wait to start sewing.  It's been 2 years since I've made a waldorf doll; this will be a great re-learning experience.  :)
I wanted to order a button doll kit from Weir, but it's sold out.  Magic Cabin has a non-jointed kit in stock, and I was wondering if it would be possible to convert it to a button doll.   Do you think it will have enough fabric to account for the extra seams for the joints?  Any suggestions on converting it?  Basic instructions or free patterns for making joints?   Thanks!
I'm having trouble with this drop off thing too. Daughter just started school a week ago and she hates the drop off. She tells me several times throughout the 30 minute car ride that she doesn't want to go, she doesn't like her teacher, she just wants to go to her grandmother's house. (She was staying with her before school every day and was not doing well, out of boredom, so I know that's not a real solution). Then we get there and she refuses to leave the car. She...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mama.Pajama I don't have an overwhelming desire to be with other men. Honestly, my level of desire for another man could barely register- it's virtually non-existent. I notice women, though. It's weird. I think it's probably exacerbated by the non-existence of intimate experience with women. But as of this moment, it is my best friend whom I want, and for a long time have (on & off) wanted. It's love with a woman that I want in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mama.Pajama All I do know is that there is a part of me that really desires more than DH, as a man, can provide. Not "instead," but "more"... I want to be dually fulfilled. And may I be burned at the stake for feeling so. I think this is a common problem for many, regardless of gender or sexuality. I think monogamy is an option, but just an option. Among many others. Think of all the classic literature written...
Quote: Originally Posted by kghaffar I noticed you are in Grapevine. The closest registered Waldorf school is in Austin. There is a school in Fairview, just above Allen and below McKinney that is a combination of Waldorf and Montessori. Here is their website http://www.centerforlivingethics.org/ My daughter will be attending in the fall but we have been attending some parent and child music classes there for over a year and know a few of the...
I don't have two kids so I can only offer speculative advice: Some kids can sleep through anything, and I think that has a lot to do with the fact that the volume isn't turned down just because they are napping. Granted, you want to respect the child's need to sleep, and not blare the TV when they are napping (or when they're awake either, for that matter! ) but you also want them to be able to sleep through ordinary household sounds. Although it may be difficult...
Quote: Originally Posted by MattBronsil Doesn't the lightning tell you when the thunder is coming? ;-) Oh I always get that mixed up.
Quote: Originally Posted by VeganLove Totally love Ikea. What a deal. We have the Ikea table and chairs set too. They are so sturdy and simple!
That is really crappy. I'm glad he's your stbx. Are you able to stand up for your son when stbx pulls this crap while you are around? Or does he turn on you too? I used to work in childcare and I had a kid who was about 8 or 9. He always forgot his jacket and his dad would just lay into him. ("This is why we can't buy you nice things!") I remember making a mental note to check for the kid's jacket before his dad arrived, and make sure to show him respect and...