or Connect

Posts by CityChic

Thank you so much!  Are you still in Lincoln? :)
We are moving in 15 days to Lincoln, IL.  I am *just* pregnant...   Anyone know of a midwife (home birth preferred but hospital might be ok) in the area?  We are accessible to:   Springfield Bloomington/Normal Pekin/Peoria Champaign/Urbana   Thanks!  
Please write an introductory message when you decide to join our thread. We would like to know: a. Who you are: Rachael. Mom to Keller (2.5 yrs) and Charlotte (6 weeks). Wife to traveling DH (read: I am practically a single mom some weeks and am by myself a lot). My hang up is that I am ALONE a lot (4-6 days a week every single week) so to compensate for that I spend, spend, spend money that should be going other places (not to the point of destruction but not as...
Must hold my ground - DH comes home from 4 days of traveling today - I must hold my ground and NOT EAT OUT - unless DH has leftover cash from his trip and wants to spend it...HELP ME NOT EAT OUT TONITE!!!!!!!!! August 16: $2.20 for Coffee August 17: Stayed In August 18 ??????????
Hi ladies...I am back! Me: Mom of 2 - Our newest addition will be 4 weeks this week. Time for me to get back on the wagon. Financial Goals: Pay Off Debt How: Live Frugally (ie not go on the spending spree I've been on - we have lived VERY frugally before, we can do it again!) Find side jobs for me - any suggestions on this are welcome. ***** Since new baby joined us I have been super out of touch with our budget (basically ignoring it) so it is time...
Ladies - SHE'S HERE!!!!! (totally shocked we had a girl - we didn't know the sex and I was sure it was a boy!) Charlotte Ryan was born 7/22 at 11am exactly - she was 8lb 6oz and 20 3/4 inches. She was born in the water after 3 pushes that came in a span of 2 minutes (the midwife almost didn't make it!). I am in ***** (I am recording all unbudgeted spending here and loan payoffs!) July 1 - Went to the zoo (free), set up DH's commuter benefits ($100/month...
Crunchy*VT - This post is specifically dedicated to you so you don't have to wonder! I've been having contractions 10-12 minutes apart for a little over an hour. Not in full on labor yet but all the signs point to today If I don't update for a few days you'll know where I'm at ***** (I am recording all unbudgeted spending here and loan payoffs!) July 1 - Went to the zoo (free), set up DH's commuter benefits ($100/month savings!) July 2 - Just cleaned the...
Still no baby...hoping for soon! The pressure in my nether regions is about to push me over the edge! Not a lot of spending because we haven't gone very far (mostly church and a few small errands!) ***** (I am recording all unbudgeted spending here and loan payoffs!) July 1 - Went to the zoo (free), set up DH's commuter benefits ($100/month savings!) July 2 - Just cleaned the house and getting ready for guests July 3 - $30 Target - Stuff for the kids for the...
Still no baby... *sigh* my DH has been on call for work for 4 days which is great, I need to go into labor while he is here so if this baby can just hurry up that would be great!?! Spending is going pretty well considering we are all home. We have been doing a lot of playing outside in the beautiful weather and lots and lots of walking around the neighborhood. ***** (I am recording all unbudgeted spending here and loan payoffs!) July 1 - Went to the zoo...
The week is starting off well! I continue to pay off small items from my unemployment pay, already 2 things paid off this month! Hoping for a baby this week or next so that might throw things off a little. However, I am much better prepared this time around (less junk more neceessities!) and I have $75 in gift cards to Target just for the new addition! ***** (I am recording all unbudgeted spending here and loan payoffs!) July 1 - Went to the zoo (free), set up...