or Connect

Posts by SandraS

My three older ones long since gave up their naps by 2.5 - that could be part of the problem - maybe she no longer needs to nap and you're fighting an uphill battle? And I'm a huge voice of dissent on MDC because of my bedtime "routine", but I'll tell you what has worked gloriously and PERFECTLY for us. Nothing. When babe and toddler are tired of playing on the living room floor in the evenings, they crawl up in our laps and get cuddled to sleep. Takes a minute. I...
She says it's traumatic for moms more so than children, and it's absolutely a fact that the slight difference in temp will not make or break a diagnosis. Either the child has a virus or infection or not - 102 or 103 doesn't change that. I have no idea how hard it is, I've never done it. I know I don't need to. I love my doc. I've loved all of them through the years that said a digital underarm reading is just fine. You gotta do what you gotta do, and that's...
Grandma and Grandpa. For all of them (three sets).
My doctor would pitch a fit if she knew her patients were taking rectal temps in babies... even SHE doesn't do it. She feels it's unnecessary, it's too traumatic, and it never makes or breaks a diagnosis. Four children and I have never done that - and never will... I use digital thermometers under the arms, for the very rare times I take temps. And in my book, 100 is not a fever, but that's my comfort level. I don't call the doc until it's at 104 and doesn't go down...
Quote: Originally Posted by Red Pajama Despite my best efforts, all of my children have fallen down steps. Its terrifying in the moment, and it happens in the blink of an eye. For me, it happened after I presumed competance about going down steps. Mine have fallen down too. *I* have fallen down. Several times. My 41 year old husband has. My 11 year old has. My 15 year old has fallen down them. And yup, so have my babies and toddlers. ...
I've never used one while co-sleeping, but I've read here about people using pool noodles under the fitted sheet...
Never had any help/interventions with any of my four (all natural hospital births). I simply said "no".
I haven't read the other posts, so I'm betting I'm the voice of dissent, but I believe babes need to learn to safely navigate the stairs from early on. The only gate we ever had on the stairs was a fixed one at the top for sleeping only. I have sleepwalkers, and I wanted to ensure they didn't fall down the stairs at 3 a.m. Otherwise, we don't gate the stairs, ever, and all four of my children have survived - thrived - on being able to get up and down early. JMO,...
There are no "rules" about what you can feed your 6+ month baby... you can give him whatever you want!
Just like they were in June. I grew up with a brother born on 12/28, and now I have two children that are born around Christmas. I do exactly what I do for the August and March birthdays, no exceptions.