or Connect

Posts by beeboos

Do you think trying what adInAZ did would be ok with an 18 month old? Is 18 months old too young to do that? I'm feeling like I want to at least give it a try. I just couldn't handle her crying (even with dh being right there for her). It was so much easier with my son. He was 3 though and I lasted that long because he didn't nurse so frequent as dd does. As much as I wish no one else to go through what I'm going through. I do feel a comfort knowing I'm not...
First I should start off with saying I am not the greatest with boundaries with my children. I always seem to have an internal struggle with not wanting to be "mean" and wishing to be nice all the time. Call it mothering guilt. My concern is that my dd is now 18 months old and still wakes 5+ times each night to BF. I am a zombie with no energy and I need sleep. Our routine looks like this: DD has a queen matress for her bed in her own bedroom. Dad gives her a...
Try not to worry. This to shall pass. Your child will sleep through at some time, just not now. My son woke about every 2 hours as a babe and BF to get back to sleep. He's now almost 9 years old and he sleeps about 10-11 hours/night without waking up. He didn't sleep though the night till he was about 2 years old. I stopped looking at the clock and that made my mindset change and I felt more refreshed in the morning. I also co-slept with him so that I could sleep...
Today after her nap we woke up to a dry diape and she went pee and poo in her Bjorn potty (while I was going to the bathroom right beside her)! We just bought a pair of wool leg warmers and they are awesome for EC'ing! Warmly, Sheryl
Welcome ChloeM! We live in Kelowna, BC (only a few hours away). We like to camp at Cultus Lake in the summer months. Warmly, Sheryl in love with my DH Matthew love my DS Jacob (almost 9yrs old, non circ'ed, non vax'ed, BF for 45 mnths) love my DD Sarrah (6.5mnths old, cloth diapered, non vax'ed, still BF'ing)
I just wanted to say to try not to worry about where you've BF, etc. I BF my ds in his car seat, in the bath tub, on the bus, while I was going to the bathroom, etc. My ds is a smart young boy and pretty well adjusted to! Warmly, Sheryl in love with my DH Matthew love my DS Jacob (almost 9yrs old, non circ'ed, non vax'ed, BF for 45 mnths) love my DD Sarrah (6.5mnths old, cloth diapered, non vax'ed, still BF'ing)
I just started EC with my 6.5 month old DD. We have cloth diapered since birth (except the first couple of weeks). The first morning I put her on our Bjorn potty (with a diape on it so it wouldn't be so cold) she poo'd! Since then though we've had no luck. I follow her cues and put her on the potty only for her to pee and poo right after I've snapped the last snap on her cloth diape. Have I missed the window of opportunity? She hasn't got any teeth yet, she's...
I posted a question a few weeks ago about this. I was planning on buying the Britax, but then when we got to the store and tried the Britax and the Sunshine kids seat we ended up buying the sunshine kids car seat as it fit our car the best. My DD Sarrah who is 6.5 mnths now LOVES it! Warmly, Sheryl
My DS pregnancy was very good he didn't kick very much but I felt some movement. He was a very sleepy baby even though we had a natural birth with out any drugs or meds of any kind. He was sleepy when he was first born and stayed sleepy for many months. He also BF a lot (I remember it being about every 2 hours all day and night). He always nursed and fell asleep. Now he's almost 9 yrs old (I BF him until he was 3yrs 9mnths old). He is very active, high energy boy. ...
Well, yesterday when she woke up she poo'd on the potty (I layed a cloth diape over top so her lil bum didn't get cold on the plastic). She pooped! This am we didn't have any luck, nor did we catch a pee (though I came close as she peed right after I checked her). I am leaving her in her cloth diaper, until it warms up here more. Sheryl