or Connect

Posts by Logan's mommy

We have hard water, so we'll see how it goes. I skipped the 'poo today and just rinsed with warm water and my hair feels and looks a bit greasy.
Awesome! Thank you so much! I'll have to get some apple cider vinegar next time I go to the store. I'm excited to try this out and be less dependent on chemical cleansers. I already use either honey or a mixture of olive oil and brown sugar to wash my face with. My skin has never been happier.
I'm just about out of shampoo and conditioner and I want to try going the no 'poo route. Hit me with ideas/recipes/whatever you all do instead of 'poo. I have shorter than chin length fine hair, if that makes any sort of difference. TIA!!
Today is my anniversary. Dh and I have been married 5 years and I wanted to do something for our anni because we never do anything. I had pictured in my head a trip out of town for the night, dinner, and a movie. None of that is happening. We have no one who will watch a cosleeping toddler and a moody 10 year old over night. Now, dh says we probably won't be able to go to dinner or a movie (we could find a sitter for a few hours, just not over night) and I'm just out of...
I've just recently started posting again after being gone since November. I'm not sure why I've been away so long, this has always been a good place for me to come and vent when I've needed to. I've had a lot of stuff going on in my life, I did a photo shoot for an indie cosmetic company that has since closed due to unsanitary preparations (I was unaware of this at the time) and various FDA violations, I lost my dad three days before my birthday this year along with two...
I posted back in '09 and I'm still just a mommy of two. I have days where I want just one more, but I have had so much going on this year that I don't trust half of my thoughts. Ds1 is now 10 and ds2 is 2 1/2, so I will probably reevaluate in a few years once my heart and mind have had time to heal after this horrible year.
I'm still kinda having a rough time. Dad's birthday is in less than a week, and my grandma who passed away almost two years ago would have had a birthday on the 24th. I still haven't talked to my doctor about antidepressants, I really don't want to go that route if I can avoid it. I finally broke down (after I drank quite a bit) and told hubby that I wasn't coping well. I'm making an effort to not turn to alcohol when I've had a bad day, but that's also a struggle....
I consider it a job, and in my house a mostly thankless job. Hubby works two jobs because it would cost us for me to work out of the home and once he gets home, I'm still responsible for all the household stuff. He may change one diaper a night, some nights not even that. He comes home and complains that the house isn't spotless, I have a 10 year old and a 2 year old, I pick up after they have all gone to bed. The 10 year old is supposed to wash the dishes, but getting...
I fail to see how breastfeeding, no matter the age of  the child = nudity. Next, they'll try to tell mothers of children under two that they can't NIP. Ridiculous.
Udonandbroth, I have been drinking a lot more than usual and realize it doesn't help make the pain go away. I'm also seriously considering talking to my doctor so that I can get a prescription for antidepressants, it's not what I want to do, but I am realizing that I don't cope well with even minor disappointments now. The slightest kink in my day can send me from a great mood into a snotty mess in no time. I've tried pretending to okay, and I seem to have fooled most of...