or Connect

Posts by eunytuny

Its 50/50 for me. Ds is 17 mo and sometimes I sneak into bed and roll closer to him. The times he wakes up, he gets the boob right away. He doesn't really wake up alert an ready to go, just a drowsy cry and nurses back down.
I have an Ocean and I always get "how do you spell that" Like if having the name Ocean isn't going to be challenging enough I didn't want to throw a crazy spelling into the mix. I also had a father of one of the kids in ds's play group say "Your son's name is OCEAN? He is so going to get beat up on the playground." :
My ds is 17 mo and has been hitting for about a month now. At first I would tell him no hitting once and if he did it again I'd put him in his crib alone in his room for a minute and come back and explain hitting hurts. I didnt want him to draw a negative to the crib so I stopped using the crib and just sat him in a spot for 1 minute but that just turned into a wrestling match to get him to sit. Then I decided to ignore the bad behavior. If he saw no reaction, he would...
Ds (17 mo) rolled off once while asleep next to me when he was about 3 months old (can't tell you how bad I felt). The bed had been pretty high and since then, got taken off the risers, go taken off the frame then got taken of the boxspring. Hubby is a pretty big guy and wanted off the floor so he bought a captains bed (has drawers under a platform the mattress sits on) and of course the day its set up, ds rolls off. Now, there are pillows surrounding the bed and when I...
Ds (17 mo) rolled off once while asleep next to me when he was about 3 months old (can't tell you how bad I felt). The bed had been pretty high and since then, got taken off the risers, go taken off the frame then got taken of the boxspring. Hubby is a pretty big guy and wanted off the floor so he bought a captains bed (has drawers under a platform the mattress sits on) and of course the day its set up, ds rolls off. Now, there are pillows surrounding the bed and when I...
Dh's nephew's gf just had a baby and I've been gently encouraging bf. They dont have 2 dimes to rub together so I was touting how cheap bm is and she just said "My mom said it hurts and WIC pays for all the formula anyway.
Dh had been wanting to move the baby out but I just put my foot down and told him "I'm sorry but I like ds sleeping next to me and that's what I want". Of course I try to make sure hubby's needs are met too. Sex locations are not limited to the bedroom when the sun goes down. Now dh doesn't fuss about it anymore.
My ds goes to bed whenever I do (between 11:30 and 12:30 and always has and he is 17 mo. When he is acting extra cranky I will put him to sleep at that point but it takes a long time before he is in a deep enough sleep for me to detatch. It takes time and practice to pull away inconspicuously so keep trying.
Before having a baby, I had no idea people did this on purpose. When I was pregnant I was learned about it and thought "to each his own. Let's see what happens with me." After my sweet ds was born, I thought...Never will I let him Cio. Why did I have a baby? To ignore him when its inconvenient for me? No way. Now if someone tells me they let their lo CIO, I lose all respect for them as a parent and I look at their poor baby in sympathy.
I agree with the pp about the put baby down and give no attention for a few minutes. My ds is 16 mo and I have been putting him in his crib and walking away. I taught him to sign "I'm sorry" and I ask him to say he is sorry when I go back to get him. Today is the first day he actually did it after 2 weeksof trying.