or Connect

Posts by Chamsia

Bought the sunshine kids radian80 for ff dd a few years ago.  Loved it, raved about it, even influenced some other parents to get it themselves.   Then baby boy came along.  Switched him into it out of a bucket a year ago or so.   It is SO WEIRD rf!!!  Uber-reclined, which encourages sleeping at all the wrong times, and even gagging when the poor dude is sick.  Like last week, when he puked all over it.  The cover is ridiculous to remove--I had to call the...
If you're looking at the Hudson Valley, Cold Spring is the place!  Great public school.  TONS of cultural stuff (Seriously, how many yoga studios can one small town have?  And dance and theatre and live music aaall the time.)  Train.  Tons of outdoorsy stuff.  It happens all the time that I meet someone, know them casually for months, and then find out they've won a pulitzer or a grammy or are on some tv show or something.  Fantastic wee park for little kids.  Good...
Good replies above!  I like something useable: hot cocoa mix with special mugs and marshmallows.  Or tea with mugs and honey.  Nifty soaps and their own soap dish.  "Kids" toothpaste and some cool toothbrushes.  A gift certificate to a local ice cream shop.  (My sweet tooth is showing here, oops).  When they turn 5 a homemade or store bought (etsy!) tooth pillow is a cool gift.  Art supplies, yes!  Things kids love that technically aren't toys: flashlight, cool...
In addition to grinding his teeth, the little dude suddenly cannot stand a bath.  He does The Dreaded Back Arch (you know, like when they don't want to get in the car seat.)  Poor little guy screams in agony the whole time.  Water is just right.   It started when he was sick a couple of weeks ago (he's now sick again).  All I can think of is that one time the water was warmer than usual and it may have freaked him out.  That has happened before, but maybe his already...
Yikes.  What's to be done?  Has anyone dealt with this?
There are pox in Rhinebeck now too (look down a few threads), but today or tomorrow are probably the last days to get it.  I am hoping to go today.    It seems like it may be in our region for a while now, as long as everyone keeps sharing.  Hoorah! (I'm in the lower Hudson Valley)
Lenimom, thanks so much for sharing!!! If anyone's kids get pox from Lenimom's kids, please please post here.  Let's keep this going!   Unfortunately my kid-in-need-of-pox woke up sick this morning.  But I am hoping to catch the second wave...  
Seek "Chicken Pox Parties, NY Metro Area" on facebook and you'll find the page...
I had my babies at home.  But I know at least a half dozen moms who had great vbac experiences at Hudson Valley Hospital in Cortland Manor.  Shouldn't be too far for you geographically.  There are lots of midwives who deliver there.  If you need more info I can ask around and find out which docs/mws are favored for vbac.  They are an official "mother/baby friendly hospital" (or some such thing) = they push breastfeeding, insist that your babe stay in your room, have tubs...
Spring is usually the time.  There is a natural immunity group on google, though there hasn't been any East Coast activity on there lately.  http://groups.google.com/group/natural-immunity/topics   We're in NY's Hudson Valley (though my parents are near you in PA).  It took me 2 parties over 6 months, but we got it for my dd a few years back.  (And our cp parties passed it on to 9 out of 12 guests, hoorah!)  Now I'm looking for my 19-month-old babe.  Ideally I'd...