or Connect

Posts by Chamsia

http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-father-praised-for-helping-raise-family,399/
Thank you lauren!  I think another bed in our room would work well.  Alas there is no space--our king bed takes up the entire room.   I really thought that the fatigue of kindy would get dd to sleep through the night.   Nope.  When she says goodnight to my husband she actually smiles and says "see you in the middle of the night!"   The truth is that part of me will miss it when she doesn't come in with us anymore.  But most of me is ready!  Not ready, however, to...
Hi mamas! Our situation isn't awful...I just wonder how long this will/can go on, especially as the kids keep getting bigger and taking up more space...   We are blessed to have a king sized bed.  Thank goodness, as 4 people and 2 cats are in it by the middle of the night!   Both kids slept with us as babies.  Now dd, 5 1/2, goes to bed in her own bed.  At some point (usually midnight-ish) she awakens and joins us in bed.  Same with the 18 month old, who nurses...
Since my dd gave up napping, I have given her calms forte on days when she DID nap, since it can be harder for her to settle down at night.   It seems to help?  I cannot really say, alas.  It could be as much the placebo effect as the actual product.  But, hey, who cares, as long as they sleep, right?  We haven't used it much in the last year or so (she is 5 1/2 now).  But dd still looks at her "sleepy medicine" in the cabinet and sometimes tells me she napped...
Bummer--too far.  Wishing your kiddos comfort!  
Where are you geographically, please?  Seeking a pox party...   Thanks!  
  I like the idea of sending well-wishers with a gift.  However, I am TOTALLY against bags of plastic crap that never biodegrades and is made by children in sweatshops!!!   For dd's bithday I bought a flock of ducks from Heifer International (www.heifer.org).  We then made little cardboard ducks which dd decorated.  When they left each guest got the "duck" and a Heifer brochure, with an explaination that one duck had been donated in their honor.   There could...
Really--you're not supposed to have kids in coats in a carseat?  So you're supposed to take the kid out of the coat in the car with the cold blowing in the door, then re-coat the kid with the cold blowing in the door again when you get where you're going?  Does anyone actually do this in places where it gets cold?  Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!  Totally freezing, not to mention (yet another) time sucker.  One would think that in the 21st century they would have carseats that...
I do not understand why this car seat is so uber-reclined compared to every other carseat.  I want ds to sit up more: be able to see out, be less inclined to fall asleep when it's not naptime.   Secondly, the strap in between his legs that you pill to tighten the straps just seems stuck.  This time of year we have coats at some times, and other times do not.  So lots of adjustment is necessary.   Overall, since switching it to rf, I am quite disappointed in this...
Hello!  I am happy to report that ds returned to nursing about 36 hours later.  All the while he would go on my breast (so I wasn't too scared he was weaning); he just would not latch.  I did pump--and he happily guzzled the milk from a cup.  But I didn't pump as much as he would have nursed, and now I have a blocked duct.  Ugh.  Thank God for phytolacca and cabbage leaves!   Thanks so much for your help, mamas.   SaraMum, if your wee one is done I wish you a...