or Connect

Posts by lollith

: And wondering if it applies to toddlers as well - my daughters flu vaxed friend wants to have a playdate on the day of the vax. EDIT: answered here http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=980302
Thanks ladies. We're on week 3 of this craziness - it's about 85% papa only right now - unless he's not home. I am all about validating her needs and feelings - she's just not interested in me right now. She's an Aries so she gets very red and screams her head off when she doesn't get what she wants. Sometimes to the point of exhaustion. She's also been the kindest, most gentle soul I've ever known - so the times when she's been overly demanding have been few and far...
I give my my dd fish oil DHA supplement to help with that. She also had it as a younger baby and toddler. Though I did olive oil her up and then brush it out with a fine tooth comb also - my pedi said (when she was a baby and i was BF) that it was a DHA deficiency in me. When she got it as an older toddler - I started the supplement because I can't get her to eat much in the way of fish (or any meat for that matter).
I have much experience with the US Air complaint division. Write a letter - they will listen - I've always received some sort of flight coupon or refund when I do. Tell them, nicely but firmly that you are disappointed with their customer service and the fact that they could not help a long-time customer like yourself. Explain the situation in detail - don't attack and I bet you get something in return! Good Luck.
My dd is 2 years 5 months and has been going through a "Papa-only" stage. She's always been a daddy's girl but right now it is the the 10000th degree I am not allowed to dress her, bathe, feed, hand her something, brush her hair, - everything needs to be done by "Papa." I mean everything. Pouring her juice, handing her a book she asked for. She's very verbal so she has no problem telling me to "leave, go in the other room, stop talking." etc. She's a sweet little...
Me me me! My dd is 28 months and I am really all done. Mostly it's because she's suddenly become an all-the-time nurser. 20 minutes in the early morning. Then at least 3 more times before 10am. Many many times durng the day She is nursing much more than usual right now and it's drving me crazy! Must be developmental? But I don't know what? She's very agile and talkative for her age - maybe a gross motor skill? I think she may be teething too - expecting her 2...
Oh yes! She's 27 months now so it's not as frequent anymore (thank goodness) but she switch-nursed from about 8 mos on. It drove me crazy. There was another thread not too long ago... many mama's experience this.
i would ditto the aloe. wonderful speedy healer for me.
Quote: Originally Posted by jocelyndale I was misdiagnosed with IBS, it was actually celiac disease. This is what I have been wondering... especially since the women in my family also have the symptoms and celiac diseas is hereditary. i've had stomach trouble since i was a child but mine also seems to be stress induced as well as food induced. I definitely notice a difference when I cut out sugar, gluten and even meatless diet. But I am...
thanks for that great link! I was going to take her to the dr because I was concerned about the cough, in the middle of the night - everytime i read about "nighttime - coughing" it mentioned asthma and since she hadn't been to the dr since her 1 yr check up - i thought it wouldn't hurt to bring her in. We also have a great AP dr. who rarely prescribes meds unless really necessary so bringing her to the doc is not a fear for us. he's probably more AP, anti vax, circ and...