or Connect

Posts by StillForest

Another vote for you do the best you can for this particular child at this particular time. We agonized over this one...DD has a mid-fall b'day and MI has a 12/1 cut off. We ultimately decided that DD was ready and would have felt totally thwarted and bitter had we waited another year. She's a very verbal extrovert and was very ready academically. She's now in second grade and it was absolutely the right decision for this period of time. She's thriving in every...
My now 6-year-old DD has done both off and on since she was 3. She started with ballet and will be continuing with it this fall. Which would they enjoy more? My daughter has always loved the cultural as well as the physical aspects of ballet. Ballet also served as a wonderful introduction to classical music and ballet stories. Our ballet school created much more of a community than the YMCA gymnastics classes did....the little ones would join dancers of all ages and...
Wow! Haven't seen this thread in over a year. I nursed DD till she was 6 and I was 47..... Loved every minute of it!
Welcome back! It was so nice to see your name and discover that it is indeed you! Your support and posts helped me *so much* way back when I was pregnant with DD and during her early months of life (she's now almost 7!). I've often thought of you and hoped that all was well with you and your family.
Great! I've been looking for them for a while. Could we meet your family for a playdate or lollipop if your DCs get them? Funny how CP seems to arrive in A2 at the end of the summer right before school starts. One of the last rounds of CP that I heard of arrived a week and a half before school started.
I have a crafty almost 7-year-old and some of the projects she enjoys are: * Crocheting * Beading * Boondoggle (she learned this at camp. There are also some amazing instructional sites on the web. Let me know if you'd like the URL). *Making collages * Potholder loom (she makes little shoulder bags/purses) * A peg knitting board that can be used to make scarves. * Simple cross stitch embroidery sets. She can't really follow all of the instructions...
Thanks to all of you who responded to this! My DD was sick for a week right after I posted this so I wasn't able to get back to thank you all. Rubbed coconut oil over all of my wooden bowls and cutting boards. Great idea. Thanks! -SF
Hi All, I have cutting boards and wooden bowls in need of some oil and am wondering what I should use. I had used mineral oil for years as recommended by mom and manufacturers but have been moving away from that because of the petroleum content. What do you use? I'll appreciate any suggestions you may have. Thanks!
Hi Ipeabody, You may be absolutely sick of unsolicited advice on this....but figure I'll share what helped us in case it may be of help. I have extremely vivid memories of waking up 5-10 plus times per night with my DD co-sleeper. My DD was an absolutely awful sleeper for the first few months of her life. Chiropractic treatment totally changed our lives. A midwife suggested a chiropractor who does network chiropractic (a very gentle method that uses gentle motions...
Hi All, My DD is 6 and has really liked hanging out with girls who are 2-3 years older than her for the past couple of years. One of these girls is an 8-year-old neighbor who often exhibits really negative attitudes and behavior. DD unfortunately considers her her "best friend (BF)" and is starting to mimic BF's behavior and attitudes when they are together. I've reduced their time together and have been trying to arrange more play dates with peers with...