or Connect

Posts by StillForest

Hi Mom2Princess, My DD, who was born the month before yours, just moved into her own bedroom last weekend. We've been co-sleeping since she was born. In recent years she's had her own twin bed next to our queen (both on floor). We've loved co-sleeping. She moved into her own room in order to have a friend over for a sleepover. We've also followed our heart and never pressured her to move out of our bed. Just felt like the right thing to do. I must admit...
Your DD sounds a lot like mine. My DD had great difficulty recognizing or retaining any sort of visual symbols (letters, numbers etc...). She was getting increasingly demoralized watching her peers learning how to read and write in kindergarten (we're in the US). She was starting to avoid anything related to reading or writing. We tried all sorts of fun multi-sensory/phonics approaches...but just weren't really getting anywhere. I got her a complete neuropsyche...
My DD is now 6-years-old. Her absolute favorite toy has been a wooden stove/kitchen set that she has been playing with almost daily since she was a year old. Dress up clothes/fun fabrics to drape and make costumes out of are also an enduring favorite.
I'm an outlier here.... ;-) How old are you? 47 How old were you when you started having kids? 41 How old are your kids now? My DDs are 6 and 16 (stepdaughter ) How old are your friends? Most of my friends are probably 30-something through 70-something....
My 6 yo DD and I are both looking rather chubby . I've been worrying about this for a while. It's so hard to fit in a good solid stint of aerobic exercise each day. We've started to go swimming and jogging a couple times a week. I've never mentioned weight concerns....just focus on how good I feel when I exercise and what a wonderful thing it is to do together (both absolutely true!!). Good luck!
I think that we just finished in the past couple of months.... DD was six and a few months and I'm 47 ;-). I'd thought that the end of nursing might be dramatic but she just very gradually tapered off and suddenly it had been a couple of months since she last nursed. I don't even know when she last nursed. She told DH a couple of weeks ago that she was done nursing. I'm thinking that we'll do something to celebrate and remember our nursing relationship sometime...
Nice to see this thread. I was actually just coming over to post on this topic. My DD is 6 and has never slept alone in her own room. She tried sleeping in her own room last winter (her own idea) and DH and I ended up sleeping in there with her on a futon on the floor. She's now back in our room on a futon beside ours. Doesn't seem to have any interest in moving into her own room. I sometimes wonder whether I/we've created a problem by not encouraging her to move into...
What a fun thread! One of the Dads at DD's school wears them daily and I think they're fabulous....and very sexy. Alas, DH just smirks whenever I tell him how wonderful he'd look in a kilt.
I have the same concern..... Would just love to expose DD but don't want her to miss her first days of first grade. Let us know if you find a way to keep the chain going. Thanks!
Thanks so much for this thread and all of the links. You are indeed not alone. I've been crowned the "Worst Mom in the World" several times in the past day/week.... Came here to post on this very topic and am very relieved to realize that I am not alone. I've been wondering where I went wrong etc etc.... My DD definitely seems like a min-teenager....and actually often says that she wants to be a teenager just like her 16-year-old sister. Gotta be careful what you wish...