or Connect

Posts by StillForest

Hi All- My DD is still about six months away from being a toddler---but she's already getting pretty big (somewhere around 20-22 lbs or more--we don't own a scale ). DH and I absolutely love carrying her in a sling. But it's getting kind of painful. We're learning the hip carry but wondering whether something else might be more comfortable. What slings or carriers do you use with your toddler? I've heard good things about the hip hammock...Anyone here tried it?...
Hi All- Mommapepper--too funny about the layer of injected pudding. The tragedy is that I feel like it was injected into my hips, thighs, arms, belly, and brain Toothlesswonder--think it's something in the air or soil in MI??? This is really scary. But don't despair!!! Are you close to A2? There's a woman here who does special classes for moms trying to lose weight and get back in shape. Kind of expensive so I think I'm going to see her as a last option. But will...
Thanks so much for posting this thread. I've been really struggling with this. I actually went to get tested for hypothyroidism---I was absolutely sure I was going to test positive! Was gaining weight after losing only baby and placenta immediately after birth. Nope, not hypothyroid I too have heard that older Moms have more difficulty losing the weight. I'd noticed some big metabolism shifts during my late 30's before I got pg w/ DD at 40. I'm now 42 (as of...
Since about fifth grade I've been told off and on that I look like John Denver and/or John Lennon.... : : The hazards of wire rimmed glasses. When I had short hair I was often mistaken for a guy--but that probably won't happen now that I've got my BFing 40 E bust .
My name is Sharon and I'm an alcoholic. I've been in recovery for 16 years (goodness, doesn't seem possible...). I'm also a member of Alanon. Can't say enough for 12 step programs--they gave me my life and the tools to live it. Thanks for starting this thread! Glad to see other Mamas in recovery here.