or Connect

Posts by StillForest

Hi All, I'm new to this forum and am looking forward to getting involved over here. We recently got our first family dog (I had dogs growingup but haven't had one for many years): a 3-year-old German Shepherd/Husky mix adopted from our local Humane Society. She's just wonderful! However, she has been peeing/pooping in our living room. She's sometimes doing this after just coming inside the house, often with no indication/signals that she has to go. I think that...
My now 5 y.o. DD seems to have been a skeptic from day 1....but must also acknowledge that I have never told her that Santa, the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy really exist. We talk about the spirit of giving, St. Nick and being Santas to one another around Christmas time. Really hadn't discussed the Easter Bunny much. She asked many more questions about Santa. This Easter she told me that she knew that I'm the Easter Bunny. I asked her how she knew and she said...
I often worry about my schooled children, especially my high school sophmore, having little time to just relax and be. My 15-year-old also gets very little sleep or exercise. She's deeply involved in the high school theatre group and has rehearsals or meetings at least 6 days a week. She absolutely loves it---but ends up staying up till at least 1 am doing homework and then has to get up at 6-ish to make it to school by 7:20 am. We've been working together to try to...
Could probably get them on Ebay. I looked and there is a woman who makes girls' poodle skirts. Can often get a good deal when you buy several items. Good luck!
Is she getting good help for her learning disability? Have you been able to find alternative approaches that are helpful? I'm responding because I'm on the verge of a similar situation. My DD, also born only a few weeks before the enrollment deadline, is in kindergarten and has a learning disability that we're still in the process of fully diagnosing. But I'm almost 100% sure that it is some sort of visual processing delay/difference. My DD can't sight read but does...
Bulbs or seeds! DD once got sunflower seeds at a spring b'day party and we had a great time watching them grow. Can buy big bags very cheaply. I usually do bulbs since my DD's b'day is in the fall. Kazoos: got a great deal online. We also do the homemade play dough with glitter. Always appreciated.
OdeToJoy: Hope this isn't too far OT... I made my DDs silk canopies for Christmas relatively cheaply...and I'm minimally crafty! Got large quilting hoops (30 inch diameter?) on sale from JoAnn's and just tightened in silk that I bought online and then dyed. Used a hot glue gun to glue silk flowers on the outside of the hoop and then hung it up with some pretty webbing/straps. They came out beautifully! HTH. PM me if you want info.
Subbing..... We've had them bouncing around the house all winter (first time!) and I can only imagine what it will be like this summer. Would love to hear about non-toxic ways to get rid of Box Elder bugs. Our front porch periodically looks like the set of a Box Elder horror movie each summer. Billions!
Talk about feeling old! Lunchables??? When I was a kid, plain milk was .02 and chocolate milk was .03! My Mom still always sent the thermos. I also had a bad case of hot lunch envy. Mashed potatoes with hamburger gravy was my idea of a good time ;-).