or Connect

Posts by lastrid

I need to read this thread over again.  Does anyone know where PB's been lately?  Has she just not been here or did she change her name again?  I need to ask her a question...
We're going to be coming to Southern Shores for vacation starting this  Friday and I was hoping that there would be some home schooled children who might like to have a playdate or two with some kids from Baltimore.  My boys are almost seven and three and a half.  I look forward to hearing from you!
I don't have personal experience with this, but THC is out of one's system fairly quickly.  She should stop consumption and do some light cleansing to speed the process a bit.  A quick Google search should yield several options.  
What was her diet like before you took her to the doctor and what were you feeding her the most?  What kinds of foods had you introduced right before her decline?  I would say at the very least you need to get her off gluten ASAP, if only to make it easier on her digestion and you really should take her off the top 8 allergens altogether.  Celiac would be my first thought here.  Was her stool tested for pathogens at all?  Or did they just look at her insides and throw up...
I just wanted to share another doc in Baltimore who does tongue ties, Dr. Robert Marcus.  He's a pediatric dentist.  My daughter's posterior tie and labial tie were both revised today and I'm very pleased with how it went.  My middle son's PT was revised by Dr. Goldstone and not nearly enough was cut.  We're going to have his re-done eventually as well.  Dr. Marcus actually studied with Dr. Kotlow and they still confer on cases together.  I was so glad I didn't have to...
I've been to three weddings recently and all were happy to make accommodations for me.  I would perhaps call the restaurant first and ask them some questions so that you know whether or not you feel comfortable with the way they would handle a GF meal.  I would at the very least contact the mother of the bride (if she's involved in the planning) and explain your situation so that you can either choose to bring something on your own or have the restaurant make something...
I don't have a definitive answer for you, but you might either be sensitive to coconut or it might be detoxing you too quickly, causing unpleasant symptoms.  If you're having heart palpitations and anxiety, you should look into supplementing with magnesium, preferrably the oil as I imagine you have gut issues going along with the depression (and as most people these days do).  Oral magnesium is difficult for a lot of people to absorb properly.  I would lay off the...
I'm 31 weeks and my midwife told me this morning that the baby is breech.  I'm fairly certain it's been flipping back and forth and I know there is still plenty of time to get it to turn (and we'll be exploring lots of options there), but I want to be prepared for the eventuality he/she doesn't turn.  I'm comfortable with the idea of a breech birth (maybe not footling, but definitely other presentations) as this is my third and I had no complications with my first two. ...
I agree with Michael. Love ha Hon.
I've been meaning to post this here for a while and keep forgetting.  There is a new restaurant in Baltimore that is completely gluten free and will cater to other allergies.  They're called Meet27 and the have wonderful food and deserts.  The co-owner is also the owner of Sweet Sin Bakery and Cafe, which is next door.  Wegmans carries some of their products too.  Just thought some of you would be interested in case you ever are coming through Baltimore.  It's only about...