or Connect

Posts by cristeen

- Forest   Things are looking up around here.  Little miss' rash is almost healed - there's one spot left that isn't wanting to heal.  Interestingly enough it took a really frank discussion with DH about the rashes (facilitated by a good friend) - he had no idea that wasn't normal, that they made me feel bad or that we were risking CPS involvement because of them.  So that helped.  As did getting her off formula.  I got a new batch of BM a couple weeks ago, and so...
  I sent you a friend request, too. 
The lanolin is definitely helping, thank you for the suggestion!  We dealt with this for so long with A, and I've heard from reliable sources that my mom dealt with it with me, too, so it's apparently genetic.  I never did  find anything that solved the problem for him.  But lanolin and lots of nekkie butt time (naked except for naptime or car-time) seems to be helping it heal finally.  It won't stay healed if I don't stay on top of it, that's the worst part.  And it...
  That may be the one thing I haven't tried, actually.  I'll give it a shot.  I even have the super CD-unfriendly high powered stuff from Children's that my ped recommended with A.  It didn't solve the problem for him any more than it has for her.  Switching to sposies, doesn't matter.  If I don't catch the poopie as it's happening and she sits in it for even a few minutes her skin breaks.  Diaper-free is the best solution, but it means I can't walk away from her to do...
Loving the pictures!!  My computer and camera won't talk to each other ever since the software updated (years ago), and I can't figure out how to fix it.    We just added "nana" (banana) to the list of words she says (only 3 so far), I'm so glad she's finally talking, I was really concerned for a while.    It sounds like everyone is doing pretty well - Meredith, nice to see you!    Our ambulance bill arrived - I believe it was $1800 for a 2 mile ride. ...
Sang is 1 already?  Wow!!  And walking and talking!  She's beautiful!   We saw home health this week.  E is 18 lbs, 5 oz, which is squarely 50th %tile.  And she didn't see anything to be concerned about developmentally.  She still only has 1 word (dada)... WHOOPS!!  She just said MAMA!!  YEAH!!!  Ok, gonna go cry now.  Gotta go pick up my girl and give her hugs. 
Rozzie - you have to what's best for you guys. Damaging your emotional relationship in order to sustain the BF relationship just seems silly. We're not nursing, but I have no doubt she'd be a biter. She'll grab my finger and shove it in her mouth for the sole purpose of chomping down on it.
As for us - our trip was great for the most part.  A wound up with a cold halfway through the week, but with no obvious symptoms aside from a runny nose and an intermittent cough.  And on the way home I spent the night in a hotel, and E woke me up at 1 am with croup.  I had never heard that sound before (A never had croup), and between the wheezing and that horrible cough, I thought she had an obstructed airway.  I called the cardiologist on call and he listened to her...
  As it stand right now, they're asking for $1500, but I think that's because that's the deductible.  They don't have a record of our out-of-pocket medical expenses last year (midwife and hubby's V), which will more than cover our deductible.  So I should wind up not having to pay any more.  I just had to pay my copay at the time ($300).  And yeah, I'd say maybe not yet.  It took them 10 months to get us that bill.    I would give her some coconut oil every day if she's...
  E's been cruising for months.  4 months, I think, and has yet to take a single free step.  She's starting to try to balance on her own, but she's not quite ready to walk yet.      I haven't done books for either kid, and I feel guilty about it.  And yet at the same time, I just can't muster the energy to do it.    For the incontinence, I had that after my older one, it lasted until about 18 mos and kinda went away on it's own.  This time I only had it a few weeks.  How...