or Connect

Posts by cristeen

Meredith - put an ice chest on the porch and tell people that if they'd like, you'd love for them to drop off the meal - they can just leave it in the ice chest.  Be very specific about that point, and keep your sign up.    Don't turn down someone else cooking when there's an easy way around it.  ;)
  They definitely would have been too big for a preemie, but for a NB they're not too bad (bulk-wise).  One of the great features about the RaR is the internal gussets on them.  I always had trouble with DS because his legs were so skinny everything gapped around the leg and we'd have leaks galore, but the internal gusset on the RaR prevents that.  Even if the leg is gapping the internal gusset catches everything.  With a tiny one you just use the smaller of the inserts,...
Check Amazon.  They have a few sets that are just big bags of basic bricks.  The main problem, as you noted though is that you'll pretty much always wind up with too many of the 2x2s and too few of anything useful (2x4, 2x6, 2x8).  If you teach him how to build staggering the occasional 2x4 amongst the 2x2s though, you can actually build fairly strongly that way. 
The Lil Joey is the NB dipe companion to the Rumparooz, which are my fave dipe hands down.  They're a OS dipe, and I've seen them on a NB and my 40 lb almost 3 yo still wears them.  Since your babes are already here, I would skip the Lil Joey at this point unless you can get them used and just get a few RaRz.  They really are great dipes, and we've never had a poo leak in them, in the year and a half we've been using them (bought them just before DS was a year old). 
  I'm right there with you, MLog.    Every morning I get up and DH asks if he should be getting ready for work or not.  Like I wouldn't have woken him if labor started.    I feel like a watched pot - every time I sigh or have a sharp intake of breath or stop what I'm doing for a moment he gets all anxious that I'm having a contraction.  Dude, I've been having contractions off and on for 5 days now, chill out already.  You'd think after a 5 day labor with DS, he would...
  No, he won't go 3 days without eating.  He might go a couple hours.  And then he'll realize that a bottle isn't forthcoming and latch.  Right now he's refusing the breast because he knows that by doing so he gets the easy solution - the bottle, which doesn't require nearly as much work (for him).  Remove that "reward", and over time the behavior will stop.  The first few days he's gonna scream and cry about it, but hunger will lead him to the breast after he gets sick...
I'd be taking the matter up with the teachers and possibly the principal.  Since this is against the norm for the school, short notice like this is completely unreasonable.  If there is something else going on here, then that info needed to come home from the school in written form (i.e. a bulletin) so that the kids aren't playing "telephone". 
My experience is similar to the pps...  around here (and I confirmed this with several MWs this pregnancy), the MWs duties do not include early labor support.  I wound up with a very protracted labor with my DS and no doula.  After 3 days in labor I called my BFF to come lend a hand so that my DH could get some rest (he refused to lie down and leave me alone to labor).  My MWs didn't come (to stay) until the 4th day of labor, and baby was born on the 5th day.  While I'm...
I'm with Dogmom.  I spent maybe an hour in the birth pool we spent hours getting ready, filling and refilling.  I hated it.  I am not a bath person at all, though.  This time around I'm foregoing the pool entirely.  Last time I found the shower to be far better for me, since that is where I normally am doing my relaxing.    All that being said, check around to see if there are any student doulas in your area.  They will often work for free or reduced fees because...
I've been reading this thread off and on for a while, but this is the post that's going to get me to comment.     I think you really have no idea what costs may be behind the scenes for a MW.  Have you ever been self-employed?  Do you have any idea of the costs associated with being self-employed?  From what you typed here, the answer is obviously no.    Here a LM earns roughly $4000 per birth (sliding scale though, that's the higher end).  A doula earns $1000.  An...