or Connect

Posts by cristeen

Jynx - how do you get him to sign at 9 mos?  We did signing with the 3 yo starting at 4 mos, but he didn't actually start signing until after 2.  We've done some signing with E, but not consistently, and she's not showing any interest at this point.    OneMore - that's exactly where I'll be.  I'd love to see you guys.   Grace - The going back to work thing is tough.  My DH makes snide comments sometimes about me going back to work.  But truth is that we can't...
Forest - I'm so sorry to hear about your dad!  At least he got to meet your little man.    So Oregon ladies, are you all in the Portland area?  We'll be in state the last week of March, but we'll be out on the central coast and we won't have a car.  I'd love to meet you, but I know it's a bit of a drive for a meet-up. 
Oh, and as for vacation, we'll be going to OR to see the grandparents who have never met E.
Oh, I also wanted to say that for all that I'm a HUGE HB proponent, after E's birth, I also have to say that if you're feeling the hospital and drugs this time around, do your research, know your doctor, but go for it.  We transferred during labor, and while I wasn't thrilled with the doctor I got, my MW stood up for me (and I stood up for myself), and got some great nurses, and eventually the midwife on staff ran in and caught her just as I pushed her out.  I did wind...
Thank you for your beautiful words, Onemore.    Cushings is also called hyperadrenocorticism or hypercorticism.  It's an excess of cortisol, which is the stress hormone.  The leading cause is steroidal drugs (like for asthma or arthritis), which I have never used, which would then leave actual physical causes like damaged pituitary or adrenal glands.  It's going to be a bit of a road to discover the cause, from what I'm reading, but from my memory, I would suspect...
Definitely congrats, OneMore.  I have to say I'm really glad DH got the big V.  I've had baby fever lately, even though my body is in no shape for another pg, and even if it were, I can't handle it again emotionally.  Physically I need to be done.  Yet looking at birth photos has me wanting to do it all over again, as much as I had 3 horrible, awful labors/births, for some reason there's a part of my brain that says next time it could be different.  No.  After 3, all...
Is this our first BFP of the group?  It's really unusual for it to take this long.  Congrats OneMore!! 
The last 2 nights we've only been really up once a night.  How did we get here and can we keep it?    Forest - our first teeth were top, too.  But then she had all 4 within 6 weeks.    Oh, and for anyone having difficulty wearing the baby on your back - try a different carrier.  On your back is by far the least demanding place to carry them.  I'm not a "wear them all day" type of person (I can't handle it emotionally), but I do try to wear her for 20-30 minutes...
Ezri is doing that refusing to eat or nap thing because everything else is more interesting, too.  My solution is to strap her into something.  Put her in the swing, and she takes a nap.  Put her in the car seat and I can feed her (and then she takes a nap while I'm driving).  Not helpful for anyone BFing, obviously, though.  Although maybe a sling or a MT would be helpful for nursing, since they then can't go anywhere.  I've been wondering if we're starting the...
The manual specified to adjust the recline to your seat so that it was between 45 and 30 degrees. Why have it reclineable at all if not for RF? It's useless FF. As for the Frontier, my belt isn't long enough for long path. She talked me through installing it, turned out to just be a brute force issue.