or Connect

Posts by cristeen

Meredith - if you want to be able to resell it, I wouldn't order a shorter one.  I know my RS is 75 inches, and it's too short for me, period.  I really need a longer one.  Looking to buy one used, I have to be very aware of size.   I'd check out Sleeping Baby Productions.  Even if you don't want to order from them, check out their sizing info, it's great for figuring out what you need in length.    Oh, and I wouldn't get a mesh one for everyday use, it's not...
Thank you ladies, so much, for the support. It really does mean a lot to have people who understand.    I took some time off from stress as much as possible, and that included trying to find BM, or stressing over it.  Right now I'm getting about 3 mL from one side when pumping, which is a huge improvement, but in the grand scheme of things really nothing  (for those of you not familiar with the metric system, there are 30 mL in an ounce, so 20 minutes of pumping gets...
Didn't want to clog up the pp recovery thread with these issues.  Figure for those of us who are having issues, it might be nice to have our own thread.  There's all sorts of emotional baggage (at least for me there is) that goes along with the BF problems.    So, when DD hadn't peed by 36 hours pp, we knew there was a problem.  I frantically called Maryam and asked her to feed my baby, and she was kind enough to try, and then to pump off a bottle for us (and then...
For the swaddle, Aden & Anais blankets are the best - they're a really light muslin, but much thinner than what I typically think of as muslin.  You can see through them.  When it's hot, that plus a dipe is all that's needed.  They're also HUGE compared to most, I used them on DS well past 6 mos.    As for the sheepskin, ours came from Ikea, but I wouldn't recommend it.  The smell from processing was horrendous.  The only reason I'm using it now is because it's 5...
Perseph - we went from Infant PFs to Red edge to potty learning.  We never needed the Brown, even though my little guy is a tank.  If he were chubbier we would have, but his waist is about 3T size right now and the red edge still (just) fit.    I did the same thing with DS - bought 1 (or a few if they were used) of each to try them all out, and then resold what I didn't care for.  For the first year we used exclusively fitteds or pfs and wool.  Then around a year I...
So far we've only used the Moby, but it's early. I loved my RS w DS once he was sitting up, especially for in and out of the car, running errands, etc. but DS is far too heavy for it now, it kills my back. I do have 2 woven wraps, which I love for back carries w DS, but haven't tried them w DD yet (my first time typing DD, it seems weird still). Not all wraps are the same thickness, and getting the right length is important. For RS, for a basic everyday sling, brand...
I'm so glad you got some sleep.   The one thing I was going to ask is whether you've had her weight checked.  I dealt with the extreme fussiness with DS until he was almost 3 weeks old, never realizing that the issue was he wasn't getting enough food.  Once we weighed him and realized he wasn't gaining, and got the problem "resolved", he was a totally different baby.    But, some babies just don't tolerate being put down to sleep for a while.  If you don't have a...
I agree with Astraia - try swaddling if you haven't.  With a real blanket - IME most "swaddlers" don't immobilize well enough.    Although I will say the first day or so putting E down she'd object as soon as she hit the bassinet, but as soon as I put the sheep skin down in the bassinet she stopped objecting to it. 
Gotta make it quick, sorry for the brevity. I'll bb tomorrow w an update. LHM - clicking is bad latch. Try Virginia Thompson (?) of LLL in Alameda or Patty Jacobs of BF USA, also in Alameda. Neither group charges, and they may know someone a little closer or be able to help over the phone.
A BFed babes tummy isnt big enough to hold 1/2 a cup until they're a few months old. It sure seems like that much when its all over, but it really isn't.