or Connect

Posts by LilMomma83

MY 3rd baby couldn't transfer milk either, and I had pretty successfully nursed my first two...it was agonizing with the weight loss, enogrogment, eventually low supply, painful damaged nipples, on and on...she was tongue tied. Lots of people saw her before she got diagnosed...in fact I mostly did it on my own through googling "posterior tongue tie" and reazlizing we had all the symptoms.   If you think there is any chance that is going on please look into it......
IS there any chance your baby has a tongue tie? Here's a link to my blog entry with pics of my DD's tongue tie before/after having it revised. If you click on "Posterior Tongue Tie parts 1 and 2 you can read a little about our symptoms and how thigns got resolved...the biggest thing is she absolutly could not transfer milk until after we got the tie released.  http://birthboobsandbabes.wordpress.com/2012/06/07/tongie-and-lip-tie-pictures/
I think a shield would be worth it if it saves your nursing relationship..but, that is my opinion. I know lots of moms who used shields with no ill effects. Some of them had tongue tied babies...I still think you baby may have one. Facebook page "Tongue Tie Babies Support" is a great place to find local resources if you want to pursue that anymore.   If you want to exclusively pump, I admire you! But, if you don't want to than keep trying to nurse...in other words I...
A speech language pathologist may be able to help too...he might have some oral sensitivity issues and they could give you therapy for that.   Also, I while I encourage you to keep at it a little longer, it is ok not to breastfeed. I formula fed one of mine because breastfeeding in the end was just too stressful on us...and he's a happy, healthy, 3yo now. That said, I breastfed my first for over 3 years, and I've gone through great lengths to breastfeed my youngest...
Domperidone is amazing...the BEST, but plenty of mamas have success with fenugreek, blessed thistle, more milk plus...there are TONS of things you can take.
IT sounds like you are working really hard! Here is an article on reducing suppliment: http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/basics/decrease-formula/ of course you only should do so as long as baby is still gaining/peeing/pooing! I'm having trouble figuring out the conversion, so I can't tell if your LO is gainign well or not - sorry!   Awesome that you have a skilled tongue tie professional near you! Hopefully you can get some answers and help, it is so hard to pump and...
Yep, I've heard of tons of moms with babes that had eczema which cleared up with dietary adjustment (in all the cases I know of the allergen was dairy)   My DD did not have eczema, but, she did have a bad diaper rash and these wierd spots all over her body...I was also told it wasn't an allergy...what a strange "coincidence" that it cleared up when I cut dairy and soy and even a stranger "coinicidence" that it comes back if I cheat on my diet!
I didn't hear about it until recently either (nobody told me when we did DD's first revision, thankfully I was told by the second go round with it)...I don't think it's widely known, but, from personal experience it really helped!   I'll watch for your update! :-)
Have you done any bodywork? It really sounds to me like done craniosacral therapy out a visit to the chiro would help...often the muscles stay tight even after the tie is released, and bodywork helps with that. We did craniosacral therapy with great success
I posted on your other thread... I wrote my response here after our first revision - the ENT who did it did not cut far enough back and we got it redone a month and half ago by Dr. Kotlow.   Our new IBCLC also recommended pressing down on the tongue and stroking it outward to encourage the wave motion and her to extend it forward, we also saw a new speech pathologist who recommended that we let her mouth as many different things as possible and I honestly think as...