or Connect

Posts by Alvenchrst

Hello!   I have 16 month old foster/adoptive twins that have been home for 4 months with a 2 month transition period before placement.  I feel like we are out of the initial placement really really really hard transition stuff.  Things aren't always improving like they used to and now we have kind of leveled off into the new normal for them and us.  :)  Many trauma/neglect/multiple placement/abuse/drug exposure issues I feel like we have tools to work with, but I'm...
Hi everyone, A few months back I was experiencing depression so I saw a naturopath and I responded VERY well to high doses of vitamin D and a multivitamin.  They also did some testing and I'm a little confused about my results specifically to the Celiac testing.  I've already been back in to the naturopath twice and I don't want to go in a third time to talk about the results.  Truth is it's very expensive, time consuming, and I really actually disliked the "bedside...
Hi all!   Hubs and I are waiting for some foster children to be placed, could happen any day kind of thing.  Anyhow I'm trying to clear my life of as much extra things as possible for a season to help them heal and all of us transition and would LOVE some of your fastest, last minutest, easiest meal ideas!  I'm sure we could all use a little inspirations for busy evenings to bring our families to the table too.  We are also on a tight budget, so ideas that don't cost...
We are several hundred dollars below the thirfty.  We spend about $400/month for a family of 5.  We don't eat a ton of meat, I cook almost everything from scratch, we don't do organic, we don't eat out, and I shop at just one store (Winco) twice a month (less trips to the store = less money spent.)  For us, it HAS to be this way, or else mama would not be able to stay at home!!!  It may not be an ideal way to eat, but we are a very weight healthy family and we don't live...
Just wanted to share, our homestudy is finally done, after 6 1/2 months! It's been 11 months since we started our training classes and paperwork, we did a LOT of waiting on our busy social worker, definitely took longer then we were expecting but there was joy in the waiting.  We are even more prepared and eager to face the challenges ahead of us because of the time it's taken.  We are going through a private agency to fost/adopt in Northern California.  Now we just wait...
Thanks SO much for your input!
Count me in.  I'm 3 months into relactating for an adoption using these protocals: http://www.asklenore.info/breastfeeding/induced_lactation/gn_protocols.shtml so far it's working REALLY well, I've increased 2 cup sizes and starting having occasional let downs and leaking, and that's all without any herbs yet or pumping. 
I have a question for all you moms taking domperidone.  I've been using the Newman protocals mentioned at askelenor for a few months and am supposed to be taking the dom 4 times a day (80mgs total.)  Problem is I keep forgetting so I was wondering if it would be okay to take 30mgs 3 times per day instead??  Also I thought the comment about falling asleep was funny, because I've totally been doing that and didn't realize that's why!!  To the OP I hope all is going well...
I have a question, if you adopt a special needs child, as we are in the processes of doing, but there are some good chances we won't finalize in 2011, would that make the tax credit always refundable for us regardless of our tax liability (which is zero.) ??  I thought I had heard this somewhere along the way but wasn't sure.  I know that when preparing tax returns for an adoption it specifically asks if it was a special needs adoption so I wondering if this lends credit...
Sounds like tactile defensiveness which is associated with Sensory Processing Disorder. All three of my kids have SPD, but to varying degrees.  Not wanting to be messy or bothered or picky about certain textures is a hallmark of one of the subtypes of this disorder.  It has a strong genetic link and is often associated with learning disabilities, ADHD, Aspergers, and Autism.  It doesn't necessarily have to be linked with those other things though.  Good news is it's very...