or Connect

Posts by redpajama

No way.  I love my eReader for reading novels and other books that I plan to read "cover to cover," but I wouldn't want textbooks in that format.  (And I personally can't imagine reading even a novel on a smartphone.) While I may sometimes read from a textbook chronologically, I largely find myself reading about things as they come up (in my apprenticeship, or my pregnancy, or I hear about something on the news or in the community that sparks my interest).  So, for...
I think you're over-reacting, unless there's a lot more to this story.   My kids have told me I'm a "good cooker" before.  I think it's reasonable to assume that just like "cooker" = "person who cooks, "lover" = "person who loves.  It's also possible that she's heard that word and assumed that's what it meant.  If there were something inappropriate going on between this girl and her father, use of the word "lover" in this context is not, in my opinion, evidence of...
My kids have all gone from co-sleeping to a twin size bed.  It's nice because if they want one of us to lay down with them, or wake up in the night, or whatever, we fit comfortably on a twin mattress (as opposed to a toddler bed.  That is often how we make the transition from co-sleeping; one of us (usually my husband) lays down with the child in *their* bed while they fall asleep, then moves.  Eventually, he'll transition to laying down with them, but getting up before...
I like to fill our sink with warm, soapy water and put dishes that need to be washed in there.  My almost-2-year-old will play in the water for quite a while, and if my older two (4.5 and 6.5) get interested (as they occasionally do), I've learned that they can actually wash the dishes (as opposed to just playing in them).  That holds my little one's attention better than just about anything else we've done. 
I have found my music/iPod extremely helpful during each of my 3 labors. For me, the music I find mot helpful during labor is the same music I most enjoy when *not* in labor. I found, though, that having music playing in the room wasn't helpful for me the way having it in my headphones was--something about being able to turn it up, down, skip, repeat, et cetera without having to talk to anyone. There was something about sort of "going into" powerful music at a time when...
I picked up a used "belly bandit" to try this time. While I don't have any illusions of "washboard abs" in my future, this is my fourth baby, and I have a moderate dyastasis (separation of the facia that connects my abs down the midline) and I want to see if the added support will encourage that to come back together more easily. If I find it terribly uncomfortable, though, my resolve to use it is pretty weak. But we'll see...worth a try.
  I'll play!   Baby's gender Guess-Boy Actual-Girl   Baby's birth date and time Due date- 20 September Guess- 28 September, 3:51 a.m. Actual-30 September, 1:11 a.m.   Baby's weight and length Guess- 10 lbs., 2 oz.  22.5 inches. Actual-9 lbs., 9 oz., 22 inches.   Place of birth Guess- Home Actual-Home   Length of labor Guess- 8 hours Actual-14ish hours, but it was a really slow, easy labor.   Baby looks like...
While I agree that your c-sections were indicated, I don't even see how that matters.  I absolutely don't think that having given birth--vaginally or otherwise--is a prerequisite for becoming a midwife, or for being a really great one.  I also don't think that oncologists need to have survived cancer in order to be good at what they do.
We had a Laptop Lunchbox, a Goodbyn and a few reusbale sandwich/snack bags last year. I bought the Goodbyn when my son complained that he had trouble opening the laptop lunchbox on his own, and didn't like having to raise his hand and ask for help. I liked having both for a couple reasons: 1. Occasionally, his lunchbox didn't get washed out after school, so it was nice to have something clean to pack in the next morning. 2. Even though I think you * can* pack runny...
Our neighbors have one, and my daughter (23 months) is really drawn to it, but always gets bored with it quickly, I've noticed.  She LOVES any sort of bike/tricycle/scooter/ride-on toy, but she seems to grow tired of the way she has to walk her feet on the ground pretty quickly.  If you can get one inexpensively on craigslist or something, go for it, but I wouldn't pay full price for it (I don't even know what full price is, but I'm sure it's more than about ~$5, which...