or Connect

Posts by redpajama

My situation was a little different, but when I was 39 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby, I injured my pelvis really badly (long story short, I saw a toddler about to get backed over by a car, and took off in a dead sprint and felt my pubic symphysis just...*pop*...and then couldn't walk or lift my legs).  I was terrified of what this would mean for my birth.  My husband drove the car up next to me so I could sort of...fall into the seat, and then drove home and right up...
This thread has brought up so much that it's almost hard to respond to.  But here are my thoughts: 1. This midwife is not any less skilled, knowledgeable or experienced than she was when you hired her.  If this affects your own risk tolerance or judgement when it comes to your own birth, I think that's okay--I'm sure it will affect hers, at least for a while.     2. A lot of posters are focusing on you getting the details of exactly what happened at this breech...
All 3 of my kids have learned a bit on both.  Honestly, I think either would be great.  My husband and I are very much into biking, so I find all the theorizing about the "best" way to introduce a bike very interesting, but I honestly think people overthink it a bit.  Your child will have fun, get exercise, and develop future bike-riding skills on either, so unless it's of particular importance to you that he's riding a 2-wheel bike without training wheels at a very...
I live from May-October in a pair of Chaco Z/1s.  They're expensive, but I've been wearing the same pair for about 9.5 years--I wear them so much that my Chaco-tan-lines don't ever fully go away, even in the middle of a Michigan winter!--and they're still in great shape.  And when they do wear out, I can send them to the company to be re-soled for a fraction of the cost of replacing them.  
In addition to the cal-mag, make sure you're drinking enough water.  Dehydration can also cause cramping.  If those two things don't help, maybe think about increasing your potassium intake--either through food sources (bananas are good) or a supplement.   Good luck; leg cramps suck.
I didn't spot at all during my first 3 pregnancies.   This time, with my 4th, I had a significant amount of spotting beginning the day before my period was due (it went back and forth between brown and pink, but it was heavy enough that I wore a pad and thought it was my period).  It lasted for 3 days.  On the 4th day, I was feeling really confused about this weird "period" and decided to take a test, just to rule pregnancy out.  It was positive.  I'm 23 weeks...
Huh, that's interesting.  I have a boy and two girls, and am pregnant with my fourth, whose sex I do not know.   I definitely had very mild nausea--almost none, really--with my first (my boy), and had it worst with my youngest (a girl).  I don't recall exactly how it was with #2 (also a girl), but I know that it was worse than with my boy and not as bad as with my other girl.  This pregnancy has been another super-easy one, symptom-wise but, like I said, I don't know...
He hasn't mentioned it, although he has said that his eyes "hurt" a few times when he was rubbing them, so I suppose that could be his interpretation of a headache.  I'm going to try to pay more attention to when he's doing in, an addition to when he's reading.  He is definitely doing it at times when he *isn't* reading, but it seems like every time he reads for more than 5-10 minutes, he's doing it a lot.  I *feel* like he's doing it when he's using the computer (which...
Lately we've noticed our 6-year-old rubbing his eyes a lot.  If I ask him why he's doing it, he seems sort of at a loss--occasionally he'll say they hurt, but mostly he doesn't seem to have an answer.  I've noticed him doing this particularly when he's reading.   Last night, I read him a chapter of Harry Potter, and he just sat and listened.  Afterwards, he read me a chapter of a book, and he kept stopping to rub his eyes.  I asked him if he was having trouble seeing...
How far from home is it?  If it's not far, I'd say go for it--or at least keep the option open and make a decision when the time comes and you know how you're feeling then.