or Connect

Posts by redpajama

I chose "I don't own a thermometer," but that's not entirely true. We have one, somewhere, but I feel like it's terribly inaccurate, and I usually just don't bother. I don't even know where it is.
I don't have any weaning experience yet--child-led or otherwise--but I wanted to say hi and welcome. Hi. And welcome.
Hmmm...I am, as a matter of fact, a Safari user. Ah well...thanks for the help.
What about something like this? I've never used one, but it looks kind of cool.
Under "Private Messages" is "My Mood: Change Mood." When I click on "Change Mood," it opens a long pull-down menu. The top choice is "no mood," and the rest of the (long) pull-down menu is empty. I'm completely stoic. Any ideas?
My sister and I have started an internet store (I think it's okay to say this, since I'm not providing a link or trying to sell you anything) and we looked at a lot of different toy companies (the store is a cloth diapering/natural family products store, and we're carrying some silk and wooden toys), and I thought that Plan Toys had the best dollhouses. There's the Chalet Dollhouse that someone suggested, but there's also a really great, and not-so-big dollhouse called...
My son and daughter were 9.1 (22 in.) and 10.7 (22.5 in.) respectively. Now, at 32 my son is around the 25th percentile, and my 10-month-old daughter is around the 50th. I don't think there's much, if any, correlation between birth size and adult height and weight.
Quote: Originally Posted by mclisa my 2 yr old skips 8, though if you ask her how old she is she tells you "8" My two-year-old is eight, too!! When he isn't four, that is. He counts without 5, 6, or 7. For a while, he would go back to 2 after 9, as in, "1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9..." I wouldn't worry at all.
I think he's too young to really understand the "gravity" or whatever of his play--that "car accidents" (or "cars running into picnicking pedestrians") aren't funny because when *real* accidents happen, people get hurt, et cetera. I would generally not be concerned about this--I'd be pleased, in fact, if my son were content to work out all of his high energy and aggression on inanimate objects. : I think it sounds totally normal and I'd just let him do his thing--like...
I didn't read everyone's responses, so if I'm redundant, I apologize. I'm all for underwear. When my son started showing interest in the potty, we chose a weekend when we didn't have any plans (in fact, a three-day weekend when my husband had an extra day off for a holiday) and when we woke up Saturday morning, we showed him his new underwear and took him to the potty (which he had done here-and-there before). He did really well, and we never went back. For...