or Connect

Posts by aaronsmom

Tilly, Thanks for sharing your experience. Perhaps it is just a phase. I sure hope so. His personality is definitely more...intense than that of his siblings, I suppose. It would make sense that with such an intense personality, he would have such intense reactions to things. Maybe I can try to teach him coping techniques. It's still a bit early for that but if I start now he may get the hang of it in a few years. I feel you on the potty thing. He is just now starting...
My youngest child is 3 (will be turning 4 in May) and the past half year or more he has been throwing insane temper tantrums about the most trivial things. I'll give some examples. Earlier today, he, his dad and I were upstairs. He asked to be carried downstairs (this is the first 2 story home we have lived in so he's still a bit afraid of falling). His dad picked him up and by the time we got downstairs he began throwing a fit because I wasn't the one to carry him. He...
My son will be 3 in May and he still nurses to sleep, I'd say, 4 out of 7 nights a week. It doesn't bother me at all, though, as we often fall asleep together when he is nursing. :)  
My 4yo DS does this. I haven't found a "cure" for the issue but I guess I have quick-fix solutions on a case by case basis. Sometimes I'll tell him he can scream into a pillow. Other times I'll tell him I won't talk to him until he can stop screaming. It does get very overwhelming, though.
Congrats!
Marley Jude was born at home at 3:33 in the morning on Saturday May 30th, 2010 after 12 hours of labor and 5 pushes! He was born at 38wks 6 days. 9lbs 3oz and 19 inches. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...7&id=678777312
Marley Jude was born at home at 3:33 in the morning on Saturday May 30th, 2010 after 12 hours of labor and 5 pushes! http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...7&id=678777312
Right on!
Joining all you other "full term"-ers today!
Quote: Originally Posted by LynnS6 You've gotten a lot of good advice, I just wanted to underscore a few things. I also think you need a few more tools in your toolbox. First, I agree wholeheartedly that you can't view this as 'defiance' (or at least as defiance directed personally at you). Your toddler is exploring her world. Her JOB is to find the boundaries. Her JOB is to repeat things over and over again to learn, as maddening as it is to us...