or Connect

Posts by simonboy'smommy

I know a midwife near Lewisburg. What area are you in?
Did both step 1 and 2! This would be wonderful for my little one to use in his toddler bed.
I used to be able to put our little one in his crib after I nursed him, but now I can't at all!! It's awful. I like to co-sleep with him and cuddle part of the time, but I felt so much better when he slept in his own bed part of the night. He used to sleep a 3-4 hour stretch at the beginning of the night. Now it's one hour or less and he nurses on and off ALL night. I seriously can't even get up to go to the bathroom without rushing back so he won't fall off the bed...
gotta get back to work since i haven't done any more decluttering for a while. so far i'm at 336/2010!
Any suggestions for my friend? She isn't getting any sleep and is getting depressed. Her dh wants to do CIO and they tried it one night and it about killed her and she doesn't want to go that route. She just didn't know what else to do. She can only nurse her to sleep and then she can't put her down or she'll wake up. She doesn't mind co-sleeping, but waking every hour is too much. Any one else have this problem? How can she change this habbit?
Oh, wow. I can relate. The sheets and mattress pad are in the wash as I write this!!! I bought some Lillypadz but haven't tried them yet. I have had to pump most of the time since ds's birth (Nov 15th) So along with OALD I'm really making more milk than he needs. I just always pumped as much as would come so I'd feel comfortable, so now that I'm able to nurse full-time since last week my body is having to adjust. Anyway, I thought about sleeping on an underpad that I...
Oh, goodness. I know how you feel-only I live in a big farm house. Problem is, even though there is more space, I've let all the space fill up. Anyway, sorry you are feeling so overwhelmed. I know how that is. I am 8 weeks post partum so I'm starting to feel a lot better. I didn't do real with the house last year with being preg and not feeling good. I'm ready to get to work on it now. You should definitely check out Flylady. Just make sure you actually put her ideas...
Better not let my husband see this-he might start plans for us to move out of the country. I know I would like it and could function better if I could minimize. It's just getting there that kills me. And it doesn't help that everyone keeps giving us stuff all the time....
Joining in here! I really, really need to do this. This is my DH's late Christmas present. He would say it's 6 years late! ugh.....going to start now.
Thank you for all your responses!! We were sooooo close to being able to use the birthing pool. DS was born on the 15th nov. Problem was I waited too long to go to the hospital. I was 9 cm when we arrived and since I was only allowed to labor in it, I would have had about 15 mins. in the water by the time dh set it up. So it was abandoned in the corner with a few puffs of air in it lol! The director of the womens' center is still wanting to work on protocols for next...