or Connect

Posts by momma4fun

oh i'm "yellow" on postmormon.org by the way. i don't post a lot on there anymore, actually did this weekend cause i got in the mood for some good mormon discussion (which is why i also checked over here and found this thread)   but let me know if you sign up over there, i'll be like hey everyone this is my friend   you can just straight up tell people you may not be ready for more "anti" type stuff yet and you'd get some really compassionate and informative...
good lord woman! i did the out in the country thing once and i would be dying without a car too   can you drive your husband to work some days so you have a car? and just go to a river or a lake or on a hike or a walk through a more urban area for a change of scenery?   get a very part time job on a couple evenings or on a sat morning just to give you something to show up for? or work on saving for a little beater car?   i love sitting and getting lost on the...
  Why did you leave or stay?    many mormons leave when they discover the actually documented truth about joseph smith, the origins of the church, and many other issues that the church covers up or doesn't tell the whole truth about. others leave because they learn about other religions and find inconsistencies or things that don't ring true for them within the church doctrine, or they open their eyes and realize the complete improbability and lack of any evidence...
great questions!   i'm excited to answer them, i will sometime this weekend :)
i think a lot of my confusion is stemming from knowing i waited so long to get to this point, where i would have more freedom to go back to school or look for work, and now that it's here, i'm procrastinating.   i hated being a sahm the past couple years. now i kind of like it again now that it's easy. but it makes me feel lazier than ever.   when i really sit and think about it, i'm kind of torn between -- this fall am i going to go full force with work or...
yeah that's what i have going on! my youngest is in preschool only 3 full days a week right now and will be on 5 half days next year. increasing childcare to cover that or to provide aftercare for all of them sounds like a pain in the butt, another scary bridge to cross at some point   i'm probably going to feel guilty no matter what happens!   i wish i had the inclination to just get it over with
i'm almost 30. i have 3 kids 10 and under. parenting 2 and 3 kids did not turn out at all as i expected.   with my first i was so excited to be a mother, would do anything for my child, really wore the stay at home mom badge proudly and was good at it! it was good work, and i wanted more kids to just come as they may.   but then the next two were back to back and i experienced post-partum depression after both, followed by a few really tough years of confusion...
wow, thanks for the great and heartwarming words   i have spoken with her teachers and they agree she hasn't connected with a best friend and generally plays with different children each day   i think there's a lot of factors at work here, especially the mother hen thing and perhaps being a little too mature for some of the other kids. her favorite thing to do is intense role-playing imaginary play -- one on one, and i don't see a lot of that going on in this...
she's the oldest one in her pre-k class by a good 5 months she's little miss mother hen/teacher's dream child   she hasn't made any close connections with any kids at school and frequently comes home sad that no one will play with her when i pick her up she is always alone. this is her first year being in a school setting. we have never been much of a playdate family but i have always done childcare so there have been other kids around who she played with just...
i've had about 6 years to think about/ponder on/struggle with this subject. that included -- getting rid of the computer for long periods of time, having my husband take the router with him to work so i could only use it at night after the kids were in bed, and periods of just "embracing" it. i'm sorry if this sounds crude, but i kind of liken my internet "addiction" to a kid who has just discovered masturbation. that kid is going to do whatever possible whenever...