or Connect

Posts by stickywicket67

Quote: Originally Posted by BaBaBa Hey stranger! I had almost given up on this thread but I'm sick and I've been on MDC ALL DAY :yawning: How did the job interview ever work out for you? and where is everyone?!?!?! hey BaBaBa- boo hiss to being sick. we've all been sick here back and forth between us for almost an entire month. the job is still in limbo. i'm supposed to hear something this week. it's put me in a total funk. i felt so...
Quote: Originally Posted by majikfaerie sorry bababa, if you're not into virgin sacrifice, there's not much I can help you with Quote: Originally Posted by BaBaBa What, exactly, are you offering? you two! i'm not touching that with a ten foot pole! sorry i haven't been around much lately. every time i start looking for our tribe i get sucked into some other TAO thread, end up annoyed and i bail. it's...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ironica Actually, quite a number of women on this thread have posted from their own experience, including me. Yeah, I don't like the notion that men should ask and pay "because they are men." That doesn't sit well with me. But, my experience is that, if I did the asking (which meant also the paying, because I think that one follows the other), I did not get treated properly in the relationship. I don't see why I should put...
yes. and no. i firmly believe that the man needs to put himself out in the early stages of a relationship. imo- his paying is showing his level of committment to the woman and the relationship. now when i started dating my dh he was flat broke and had been unemployed for 3 months before we met and i was making big bucks. so, did i expect him to pay for some fancy meal at a restaurant? no! of course not but since he asked me out i expected him to at least make an...
Quote: Originally Posted by shelleyd Thanks so much for the input everyone. Dh and I sat down yesterday and made a list of the pros and cons of all of our options. We really have no good options. Basically the only way we can stay here is if I work full time. And I really don't want to work full time and go to school while my daughters are so young. We're pretty sure we're going to move to dh's hometown in Ontario. We can stay with mil for free...
busy busy around here. i just got back in touch w/ a friend i haven't spoken to in 16 years so we've been catching up a lot online. i think we have a car coming soon. a Saab which is what i wanted. *keeping fingers crossed* and we're all almost over the snot fest of last week! what's everyone else up to?
the post office is slow as molasses. the mail carrier is not the brightest candle on the birthday cake. he marked a letter from our landlord/propert mgmt. as "no such address" and sent it back to them. the address was fine. but the UPS guy rocks!
Quote: Originally Posted by CameronsMama Your influence? Most likely, but that doesn't mean it's bad! Thanks for all the feelin better vibes, he seems to be doing better. Running around getting into everything, pretty much normal. he still has a super runny nose, but he doesn't want to slow down long enough to blow his nose, so he just wiped it on the arm of the couch. Gross. hugs to cameron. glad he's feeling better. dose up on the vit. C....
practical if they fit your foot and you can walk in them. not the epitome of style but i like the utilitarian aspect to them. (which is somewhat stylish to me). they don't fit me well so i've never had a pair but i have some Dansko addict friends.
never done it. never will. but go for it!