or Connect

Posts by stickywicket67

i have a super super low cheesiness level. #1 offender in my book- the white sticky stick figures for the SUV/minivan back window. i seriously don't get why i should care there are 2 kids, a mom and dad and a doggy who ride around in that thing. or why i want to advertise the structure of my family unit. - ditto a pp re; the "love of chocolate" sayings, cards, knick knacks. same goes for "the love of shopping" - any chickyduckyangelwelcome anything - Guy...
Quote: Originally Posted by 3pink1blue i hate having a grandma name. no one shared my name as a child. i see little girls being named my name and i cringe, the poor things. my mom was going to name me Tessa Jane. Tessa Jane is a nice name! WTF made you change it to Rose Anne at the last minute? (And to boot, my maiden name rhymes with slang for male genitals.) Ugh. If I could change my name, I'd change it to Ann Onimous. i think Rose...
Quote: Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali I would change my name but I'd have a very difficult time trying to decide what to change it to. It's possible that I'd change it to Phaedra. Some Velvet Morning? do you know that song? one of the weirdest most awesome songs ever! it's by Lee Hazelwood and Nancy Sinatra. he sings one part and she the other. here's the lyrics: Some velvet morning when I'm straight I'm gonna open up your gate And...
Quote: Originally Posted by takebirthback I have been to many psychics and gotten many readings. I love it! I also know that in being a psychic/medium that I am legit. I can't be bothered by naysayers when I know what ability I have and it is proved to me and others every single day. It's futile to even try to care what non believers think. Everybody is allowed to their opinion and that's all it is.
Quote: Originally Posted by FondestBianca totally agree that there are always going to be believers and non believers of everything of this nature. However, I wasn't speaking about some random group of people whom I don't understand. I was speaking from a personal level... I was stateing that its difficult on a personal level to deal with people thinking it isn't hurtful or even rude to say such a thing without first finding out what kind of company they...
sisu i'm not Finnish but i like the meaning a lot. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisu
Quote: Originally Posted by kamilla626 tattoo
certainly psychic experiences can be explained but i don't think they can be proven. nor do they need to be, imo. i'm a huge believer in synchronicity and the collective unconscious. my personal belief is that true psychics can tap into a higher awareness of that consciousness and an individual's place in it.
Quote: Originally Posted by FondestBianca in such a public manner these sorts of "nope, fake" statements are so hard to take. When you posess some sort of characteristic, belief, or ability of a nature that is not widely accepted it sort of sucks to be constantly reminded that perfect strangers think you're a master of manipulation, a crazy, a lier, or some other 100% negitive assumption. This is exactly why so many genuinely gifted people hide behind...
Quote: Originally Posted by BaBaBa No. I think that in the same way that David Blaine and David Copperfield preform amazing illusions before our eyes, psychics preform the same tricks on our minds and emotions. The optimist in me would like to believe that a truly psychic individuals exist, but for the most part I think it's smoke and mirrors of the mind. If you have the time I urge you to read this article from the New Yorker. It's...