or Connect

Posts by stickywicket67

Quote: Originally Posted by majikfaerie I went through bf burn out when dd was 2 or so. but i refused to quit, even though i hated every minute of it and our relationship and my sanity were very strained. then when she was 2.5 she bit off part of my nipple (accidentally) and I was forced to wean her. a few months later we re-lactated and things were much better she self-weaned on her 5th bday holy crap. now that is some die hard...
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan Not going to join you because I suck at reciprocating, but I just thought I'd tell you that: You are all awesome!!! hey thanks. you are awesome too. :
Quote: Originally Posted by BaBaBa That stinks! Why do they have to act that way? They're either calling us nags or acting so helpless that they don't know what to do unless we tell them. Can't win. oh grrrrrl.... i hear ya. MF- sorry that the dp is being such a poo poo head.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaBaBa That occurred to me...but I've put an interesting twist on it. I'm treating the washing as a symbolic 'cleansing' of my spirits. Washing away whatever grumpies I may have in the morning and washing away any bad feelings so i don't take them to bed with me. Heck, I don't even need to use soap. Maybe that's why the girly girls always seem so perky. Like I said before, I'm sure I won't stick with it. New Years...
could you all send me good vibes today? i have a meeting this morning that may determine the next few years of our life. i've been super busy too. lots of stress in our household. the car crap is still dragging on. i finally got the police report on Monday. only 10 days after the accident. still waiting to hear who's paying for the repairs. i kind of hope they total it. i want a station wagon. it would be so much better for us. is that horrible to say? i'm just...
Quote: Originally Posted by BaBaBa Well, I have a New Years Resolution.... Don't laugh....... To wash my face Twice a day. You see, I usually only wash my face in the shower and I don't get as many of those these days as I'd like to. I've only washed it twice (not including in the shower) so far I don't know why they say to wash it twice a day... I don't wear make up and I don't know how it gets dirty while I'm...
my decision not to circ was actually prompted by a friend saying that her she enjoyed sex w/ intact partners more. (she has no children- we were just having girl talk. ) i'd never heard anyone say that. i was curious about why and i ended up doing a lot of research about circ and decided against the procedure if we had a son. we did and he isn't. don't let it bug you. i would simply say "well, we'll let him have his preference". you never know how a calm...
i'm here no 'less time on MDC' resolution here but it probably should be one.
Quote: Originally Posted by NiteNicole I have gotten some of my better parenting advice from friends who don't have kids. They're not emotionally involved and they don't have the "oh God what if this is the thing that's going to land them in therapy for the rest of their lives" mother-fear. The problem is that they don't always KNOW they're not emtionally involved and that it IS different when it's your own child. I myself was a smugly perfect parent...
Quote: Originally Posted by foxtrot These kinds of threads always inspire lots of answers like "never" or "it depends on your kid". Basically lots of answers that make you feel hopeless. I've never understood why. I've made it my mission to make sure and answer these because I remember asking the same thing when DS was very little. Although I feel hopeless again because now I have a 14 month old DD and I feel like it will never stop feeling so...