or Connect

Posts by stickywicket67

why is it even remotely the SIL's business if the kid has a big head? could be the kid does have an issue and the mom doesn't want to talk about it. or not. could be just how he is. i would assume the mother was aware of her child's looks and mind.my.own.business. bottomline-she was rude. some people just have big MOUTHS.
i vote - depends on the child. my ds (15 months) is not a big schedule follower though i do try to follow his lead as far as routines and paying attention to when he is maxed out on the socializing. he goes to sleep around 9:30pm usually with me or dh. we socialize a LOT. we have people over our place for dinner all the time. 2 nights a week usually. we all eat dinner together around 7-ish and then it's jammy time for the little one at 8-ish and then bye bye to friends...
Quote: Originally Posted by momto l&a What chaps my hide is they are concerned over lead but yet they have absolutely no problems with toxins being injected into children bodies. right!? but somebody in charge is probably making money from that. so i spent a bunch of time yesterday looking for info on CPSIA. i sent out an email to all my contacts urging them to read about it and explaining how this will effect crafters, small handmade...
i'm not getting the "retroactive" aspect of this thing that is supposedly going to shut down thrift and consignment stores. wouldn't that mean that stores like Marshalls, Ross, TJ Maxx, Gap Outlet, every single outlet store would have to dump their inventory that was made before 2/09? or pay thousands of dollars to have it tested? essentially destroying their profit margins yet not a word about it in major newspapers or news channels? it just doesn't make sense.
in my family we did not have a lot of "chores" as kids but we all pitched in and had a tidy house. i'm a neat freak and i love doing laundry. my brother not so much up for cleaning but gung-ho on cooking. my one sister is a total cleaning fanatic. the other a total slob. personally, i think chores and the attitude around them are largely part of temperament. that said- i expect that my son will want to participate in all of our family's activities. my ds and i are...
Quote: Originally Posted by grniys So... used, one of a kind bibs or custom made wooden ducks are ok. Used, largely manufactured children's clothes aren't. what i think it means is that consignment stores and thrift stores get single items from consignors/donators. in other words- "one of a kind". often big thrift stores buy new items in job lots from manufacturers or in the case of a consignment shop some will supplement their used...
Quote: Originally Posted by bmcneal I am on the mailing list of one of the recall/warning lists, and I haven't heard anything about it. Nothing on any of the news channels here, nothing in the newspapers, NOTHING until I saw this thread. I am just suprised that there is very little being reported about it. (I think I x-posted with the person who initially gave the link to the activism thread.) i feel the same. i think we need to be...
Quote: Here's an article about it. And it quotes NARTS. http://www.tampabays10.com/news/most...4&provider=top thanks! for the NARTS link. i did some more research... that article was from a year ago. here's a follow up shortly after. http://www.tampabays10.com/news/colu...96355&catid=79 still a scary dumb law.
Quote: Originally Posted by grniys That would be true if it weren't for the wording of the act. The need for testing for lead levels is currently retroactive. The word retroactive is key. Yes, I firmly believe the intention of the law was targeted at newly manufactured items, but that's not the way it's worded. And it has to be interpreted and enforced based on it's wording. It may or may not get an exemption. From what I've heard a lot of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Grylliade And thus signals the end of some of the few places I trust buying toys and clothing items for my son. exactly! i have a lot of friends that make and sell children's products. there is a huge forum on Etsy about it. it's devastating to their businesses. it's a really stupid misguided law brought about by people over reacting to lead paint. yes. i get it. lead paint should not be on children's toys. lead is...