or Connect

Posts by stickywicket67

where did you get the info about consign/resale products? if it applies to any and all previously manufactured products wouldn't the shelves of every single children's store in America be empty at this point? i think a local new station somewhere would have reported it if this were the case. my friend owns a kids resale shop and hasn't said anything about it. i'm sure their trade group would be all over this legislation if they were part of it. from my understanding...
Quote: Originally Posted by fancyoats my dd just turned 14 months and she has a total of around 50 signs/words/consistently-and-appropriately-used-sounds. it seems like every day i am writing down another word/sign that we didn't know that she knew. mama dada milk water wet dry hungry cold hot flower eat/food apple banana pear grapes crackers cheese bread cat dog bird owl fish sleep/tired baby boy girl cereal bye...
cute! does your head feel super light now?
Quote: Originally Posted by annethcz Poor service: the server is either rude or non-communicative. The server doesn't check back to see how the food is, make sure we have enough silverware, or keep drinks filled. A server who isn't familiar with the menu, can't/won't give suggestions or is unwilling to ask the kitchen to verify ingredients is a poor server. Extra poor service would be a server who spills something on you and then expects you to clean...
yay for lights!
magnesium supplement. Peter Gillham Kid's Calm works great.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaBaBa Here's what I think....the more BAD luck you have BEFORE the New Year the more GOOD luck you'll have IN the New Year Any one else eating waaaay too may sweets right now? i was thinking the same exact thing!!! i'm hoping to get all the yuck out of the way and then lots of good luck for '09. and um yeah waaaaaaaay toooo maaaaaany swwweeeeeeeets! and coffffffeeeeeeeee!
Quote: Originally Posted by BaBaBa That is really rotten guys We narrowly avoided disaster when my car broke down on the way to the in laws on Boxing Day. It actually happened at the best possible time (that you could have a breakdown). We were minutes away from family instead of out here in the middle of nowhere late at night and DH was with us which was a blessing. What's going on?!?! scaaary! misalignment of the planets or something.
Quote: Originally Posted by lurve i think it is more the tone of voice in my household than the word "please." i generally use "please" but sometimes i don't. but i KNOW it is my tone of voice that really carries whether it is a request/demand/me in a bad mood/etc. I think more is learned by how I present the request with my body language rather than with my actual words... yup. i try not to use the word "please" when i'm irritated or...
since my dh and i had our little one we've had some really tough marriage moments. at 15 months there are still some days we bicker more than we laugh. it is difficult to integrate children into married life. ftr- my dh is super hands on and AP supportive but guys sometimes have a hard time really getting that life changes once you have a child. well, maybe some *get it* but they often have a hard time accepting it. everyone has preconceived ideas about how they...