or Connect

Posts by stickywicket67

infant probiotic supplement. try this one http://www.florahealth.com/flora/hom...TGU9.htm#61966 it really helped with our "fussy/gassy" 2 week old. you can put it in a bottle of expressed breast milk or let baby lick it off your clean finger and check out this article. http://www.slate.com/id/2158605/ also, if you bf and do dairy you can eat live active cultures in yogurt. i recommend bio-k+ here's a link http://www.biokplus.com/Products.asp...3654&lang_id=A or pro...
sounds maybe like "chillblains". or this is what my british mom called it... (the internet makes them sound very dramatic- our feet never looked like any of the scary pics on google images!). we used to get them when we were out in the snow and then we'd come in and put our feet close to the fire. it happened anytime our feet would get cold and damp and then very warm really quickly. it would last a few days and then go away until we forgot and did the same things...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyann You could tell her that breastmilk is considered a clear fluid, and unlike formula, passes through the stomach almost as easily as water. Hence she might be bothering her children's stomachs if she were to give formula right before sleeping, but breastmilk isn't the same thing and doesn't work the same way. Thanks! That's the kind of simple things to say that I'm looking for. and as far as the "holier than...
Quote: Originally Posted by jeanine123 You had your chance with your children and now it's my chance with my child. This is how I choose to do things and since I respected your choices when your children were newborns/infants I expect the same in return. How I choose to parent my child is not up for comment or debate and I'd appreciate it if you could respect that and keep your reproachful looks and unhelpful comments to yourself. Thank...
i'm really not interested in debating methods w/ her. it's annoying that she's patronizing but i chalk it up to immaturity and a big ego. (which unfortunately i, and others, probably helped feed by constantly commenting on how content her babies were! aargh!) the issue is that since Baby Wise (which believe me i've read ALL about it!) worked for her she now thinks it was the method and not the coincidence of having super mellow twins. i have my own method that works for...
i definitely do not have a problem nursing down to sleep. my baby is 7 weeks old and he needs his nursing cuddles before drifting off. but my friend, who is a huge Baby Wise fan, likes to make comments about sleeping on a full stomach. she ff'd her babes and they were on a three hour eating sched. from day one w/play and naps in that order. so, when i put ds down if she hears him fussing for a SECOND she tsktsks and suggest propping him or not letting him eat before...
i really don't want to but... my 7 week old has cold. stuffy nose, sneezing and a cough. he's eating well, and sleeping well, and his awake time seems normal- bright eyed and bushy tailed, lots of smiles and interacting. but his cough worries me a little. i want to know how can you tell the diff. between just a cough from stuffy nose tickle vs. bronchitis? he does not have a fever.
i have the babyjogger city series single. it's a small lightweight jogger- folds super easy and handles really well. i got the bassinet attachment for my babe as an infant and it's super cute. it makes it look like a modern pram. we walk everywhere (live in town) and if he's not in the peanut shell he goes in the stroller. he loves it and takes a fat nap in there while i get some exercise/run errands. it has a good size basket underneath too. and if i do have to go in the...
me!!! from probably 3 on and still to this day... i remember crying until i threw up one day because i hated the shoes i had for school. i was maybe 5 or 6? i think we finally found a pair that didn't hurt. they didn't really "hurt", just felt weird. turtlenecks, the seam inside socks, all tags, crotch seams in pants, shoes, underwear- anything would set me off. my mom was pretty patient and would buy me the softest comfiest stuff she could. i'm still super sensitive to...
my baby was having some serious crying fits starting at two weeks. tons of tummy rumblings and gassiness. we gave him infant probiotics (udo's choice brand) once a day in a bottle of ebm or sucked off my finger and hylands colic tablets as needed. plus, lots of nursing. he's waaaay better.