or Connect

Posts by cicely_m

Quote: Originally Posted by WednesdayO There is in Durham County Schools. I forgot to mention that. There are two or three Montessori elementary programs and a new Montessori middle program. If we lived in Hillsborough, could we send our kids to Durham charter schools?
Tell me more about the independent school in Pittsboro. Is it public? I don't think we can afford private education, even though there are some really great schools around there. There's no public montessori, is there?
Can you guys help me out? My husband and I have zeroed in on Chapel Hill as the area of the country that most fits our needs, and we are looking to move next year. We're now casually looking at property. A lot of the houses that fit our budget and requirements are in Hillsborough and Pittsboro. Our real estate agent has told us that these are both progressive communities with a fair number of hippies. My question is, are they? Is one more so that the other? Are the more or...
Thanks for the advice. DD2 just went through a phase where she would literally only sleep while attached to my boob, 24 hours a day. Thank the good lord, that has ended at night time at least. Naps... I've given up on beds, too. The baby gets a Milky Nap while I sit and watch the toddler play. Otherwise, she screams as soon as I put her down. Nighttime I currently just nurse through the toddler's bedtime ritual, then put the baby down when she's really asleep, then go back...
Oh, my god. My mother thinks it's a Right Of Childhood to eat Oreos and McDonalds. Specifically. When I was pregnant, she looked around at our kitchen and said, "You're not going to feed the BABY these things, are you???" I replied that we were going to feed our baby exactly what we eat. Quinoa flakes and all. She keeps asking when she can have 2yo DD for a week by herself, but why in the world would I let her when she keeps trying to press frickin Frooty Pebbles on her???...
I have a just-turned two year old and a 3-month old. The baby is reaching the stage where she can't just fall asleep anywhere at any time and is needing some sort of nap/bedtime winddown routine. However, any time I try to put her to sleep, the toddler barges in and whines and clings or bangs things around or tries to play with the baby. Then at nighttime (I'm on my own all day-- DH doesn't get home until very late), I don't know how to do the toddler's bedtime without the...
Where does he sleep? I put my daughter in her crib for quiet time. I leave her with some books and a doll and she's learned to be totally happy for an hour.
subbing... want to write more after i read the previous 54 pages.
Yeah, the problem is that I don't HAVE weeks, since I'm already a week over when it starts. With my first, the contractions kept me up night after night, and then finally 12 days after her due date, I checked into the hospital (still only 1cm!!) and they gave me 2 servings of cervidil to get things going. I'm hoping to avoid that this time, but it really looks like my body's doing the exact same thing. I'm seriously starting to lose faith in its ability to get the baby...
Yeah. See, my prodromal stuff always starts AFTER my due date. So I'm already "late," and yet nothing is happening. Just got checked-- no cervical change at all, so I am not sure what these contractions are doing, except making me cry.