or Connect

Posts by cicely_m

Quote: Originally Posted by Bubblette I'm over in Perth. will you be out west? Oh, Perth! Sadly, I don't know that I'll ever get there... We toss it around from time to time, but it's just so far away from everything!! DH's family just moved from Melbourne to Brisbane, so we're going up there for a week, and then taking our toddler to the Red Centre for a week of pregnant hiking in the desert. Yes, we might be insane. Anyway, don't want to...
Hmm.. interesting. The difference, though, is that you are working continuously from now until you have a baby , and I am technically stopping and then being re-hired in September. Which makes it easier for them to say, "oh, never mind, we'll find someone who's not knocked up for all of next year." BTW-- where are you in Oz? We'll be there in August!
How do you refer to the typical american diet foods? I ask because when I'm "explaining" to my dd (she's 14 months, so not really comprehending everything I say) why we can't buy the cookies with Cookie Monster on the box, I just currently say, "Oh, that's full of crap. We don't eat crap." I know this phraseology is probably not good for the long term. I was thinking of just switching to "oh, that's full of junk. We don't eat junk food," because that's at least a term...
Here's my twist on this. I work (via an agency) on a contract basis, fee-for-service, for a school. I will have the summer off, but I have received word from my agency that they want me back for next year. The trouble is that I don't know if they will want me if I'm knocked up and leaving halfway through the school year. I'm not a real employee, so I'm not sure if the normal legalities (they can't deny employment because of pregnancy) apply. OTOH, it is a school that finds...
My main issue is this horrible, horrible metallic taste in my mouth!! I did not have this last time, and I do not like it. I am also tired and nauseus, but those I expected. This nasty taste, on the other hand.... GeoGirl-- what kind of cancer did you have? I was diagnosed with cervical cancer 4 months into my last pregnancy, but then they couldn't find it any more after I delivered... You are reminding me to call my midwife earlier than I had planned, as they will...
We planned this one as carefully as the last (which was insanely plotted out and happened on the first try). This time I was temping and using FF, but no OPKs or drugs. We wanted 2 kids about 2 years apart, so agreed to start trying after dd turned one, which happened in March. We waited an extra cycle to avoid a Christmas birthday, and then, bam! first try, once again! We knew intellectually that it might take a while longer, but were have for months now been making plans...
I drove 40 minutes to my midwife last pregnancy (including when I was in labor!!), and I'm totally using her again. The absolute most important thing to me is having some I trust and feel comfortable around. It's a little trickier this time cause I have DD to schlep around with me, but she's just going to have to deal with it.
I haven't been here in a few days, so... Tinynyota-- YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! : MaerynPearl-- It makes me feel all warm inside thinking about you seeing your bf. Fingers crossed on the timing!!!!!! I don't know anything about OPKs so I'm not much help. Skeeter-- : on maybe having AF. AFM, I am obsessing no less post-BFP. For some reason, I can't quite accept it. Maybe because the lines are so faint, maybe because AF isn't late yet, but... I haven't called the...
Thanks, guys.
JorgieGirl-- that is a totally sucky LP. I am sorry. : Runnerbean-- yeah, I kinda knew I was knocked up... I definitely felt pregnant. But somehow it was easier to say I felt pregnant before the BFP than it is now-- I can't quite believe it! I will feel better on friday, when AF is officially late. RachelS-- I have been all over the nursing chart in the last 6 weeks. We were down to twice a day, but then a week before I was scheduled to O, DD got sick and started...