or Connect

Posts by boysmom2

Ooh, I think beer and/or garden stuff would be good... Thanks!
Our next door neighbor often shovels our sidewalk before my husband or I can get outside in the morning. I would like to do something nice for him, but I don't know what. He's a middle aged single guy, if that helps. Thanks!
I'm wondering if someone could explain, or point me in the direction of a good explanation of pH in the body.  I'm currently reading Wheat Belly, and in there he talks about how an excess of grains can cause our bodies to become too acidic.  I've read other places that we should be slightly alkalilne.  But, then I've read how things like apple cider vinegar and pure, unsweetened cranberry juice (both very acidic) are good for us.  Especially for ridding ourselves of...
I will report it, thanks for the reminder.  I meant to add that he is BF and I just finished 7 days of abx following minor foot surgery.  Can't remember now what the specific rx was, but it was a L1 risk in Hale's book, so I wasn't too worried.  Probably unrelated, but I thought I should add it anyway.
I would, except they are no longer on call after 11pm or on weekends.  Their answering service just tells you to go to urgent care, which in my experience is not all that helpful.  :(
My 10mo old received the 3rd DTaP last Tuesday and has had a high fever and has been acting sick ever since (it's now Sunday).  Last night his fever was really high (didn't measure, he just felt scary hot).  Today he still feels warm and now has a rash.  If this hadn't coincided with the vaccine, I'd confidently say it's just roseola.  But, I'm wondering if it could be related.  Any thoughts would be appreciated,  TIA!
I'm looking for ideas for how I can boost my body's ability to heal.  I just got home from having a pretty nasty procedure on 2 of my toes. I'll have stitches for 2 weeks and 10 days of oral antibiotics.  I already take a prenatal vitamin (not currently preg, just BFing), a vit B supplement, fish oil, magnesium, vit D, and probiotics.  So far, I'm upping my probiotics, vit C and I think I have some echinacea I'll start.  I'm going to cut out sugar/carbs and up my...
Thanks!  It just makes me nervous.  It's such beautiful material, I don't want to ruin it, but right now it's just packed away in a box anyway so I'd love to use it for something.
I'm still a beginner at sewing, but I managed to make a ring sling with the pattern from the maya wrap website, and while it wasn't pretty, my baby never fell out. ;)   Now, I'd REALLY love to have a mei tai, but they're really expensive.  It doesn't seem like it would be too hard to make one, but I have a question.  I have this woven wrap: http://www.ellaroo.com/index.php/products/ellaroo_wrap.  It's BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE the fabric, but I don't really love using it....
We will be travelling about 6 hours to my ils for a funeral.  I don't want my mil to have to worry about feeding us while we're there, so I'm trying to think of things I could make here and bring along.  So far, I'm planning to make a big batch of spaghetti sauce with italian sausage and veggies.  I'll freeze it, and then I'll just have to heat it up and cook pasta at their house.  I'd like one or two other ideas, especially something for breakfast.  Ideally I'd like to...