or Connect

Posts by spottiew

Quote: Originally Posted by limabean Our new neighbors live in a 3-bedroom condo. The master bedroom is about 12x12 and the secondary bedrooms are about 10x10. The downstairs is a smallish open floor plan with a kitchen, dining area, and living room. The family members are: Mom Dad 16yo boy 14yo girl 8yo boy 6yo boy How would you arrange the beds in this scenario? The configurations I can come up with are: 1) Mom/Dad in master, teens in one...
We save them... to track expenses... if we have a problem with something and need 'proof of purchase'... if we realize later they can be good towards a rebate... you never want them until you don't have them!
Quote: Originally Posted by SweetPotato We're travelling Delta with our 4yo and her carseat. I've been on the phone for the last hour and they are absolutely unwilling to help reassign seats so that either dh or I is sitting with our dd. Seriously-- what the heck?! We only have a 39 minute layover to make our connecting flight, which has us seated all over the plane, and they're telling me that we have to wait until we check in at the gate, as we board...
Quote: Originally Posted by unlegal No worries! My daughter is also a spirited one, but she's very friendly with other kids, and kinda 'gets' those who are sensitive. So, we'll see I'll post something here probably once we move, and try to get to meet some others. I know a lot of the moms are not on here anymore, though. Do you have a FB? I use that much more; mine is facebook.com/nicole.murray nah, i really don't like fb. seriously. i may...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bisou But when I made a comment to her under my breath, where my son couldn't hear, that "This is not normal! This is so embarrassing. How am I ever going to find a boyfriend who'd put up with this???" because I was just frustrated and upset, she said she would walk away too if I didn't stop talking like that. See, to me it *is* perfectly normal. And there *isn't* much you can do. You can't reason because...
I just repeat calmly as much as needed that we need to clean it up (cause I will help), and that nothing else is going to happen before then. No food, no playing... nothing that he wants from me. I guess this works cause he WON"T just go and play anything else by himself. If he wants me (and he does), then we clean.
Quote: Originally Posted by philomom Taking your own food is rude. Plus, the other kids may notice and raise a fuss. Pre-feed your daughter, so she won't be hungry and offer her whatever you think is okay at the party. my son's friends' families always bring their own food to outings and gatherings- that way, they know they have something they like. no one wants the kids to have nothing they can eat or a child who is over-hungry, so we are all...
Quote: Originally Posted by texmati wow. all the ob's and ped's do free interviews, or meet and greet nights at least! If they are to busy to see me for free, or that uninterested in meeting me, than they are to busy to be my doctor. doctors around here ARE really busy... they can see 30-40 patients per day, often working 10+ hour days (and then maybe work only 4 days per week). if you want time, i don't know any doctor that has any!
Quote: Originally Posted by midnightwriter I was supposed to pay at the second session, we we were too sick to go. The class is not full, only 3 people are taking it, while there is space for more, so she didn't take a space of anyone else, simply not much interest in this class. Wow, the full amount? Is this really how it works with kids' classes? So strange to me. Thanks for your thoughts. my kid's spanish class has an out at any time for...
Quote: Originally Posted by blessedwithboys yeah, that one made me a bit batty, too! My boss' best one: Mute point. He also once emailed us all... 'change is inedible!'