or Connect

Posts by spottiew

Quote: Originally Posted by Peaceful-Mom Edit: Just reading some other people's posts ... it is pretty funny how you're judged no matter how many kids you have. Some people hear things like "when are you going to have a brother or sister for #1?" After my third child people started saying things like, "you're finally done now, right?" THis is my fifth pregnancy and I plan to keep it a secret as long as possible because people discourage you from having...
My kid has been 'not happy' in many ways since a few months prior to 3- he's now a few months shy of 5 and it's actually worse. He is overwhelmed by emotions and says all day he doesn't 'know what to do' with himself. He rages, he wails, he picks fights with the world. While I think some sadness, frustration, exhaustion, over-stimulation, moodiness, etc. is normal, I do NOT think a persistent unhappyness is... a few months maybe, but if every day they wake up MAD, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Centura What would you do? What DO you do? How do you feel about this? Would you keep giving them different things just so you can be sure they arent hungry? If you do, is it to ease YOUR mind, or for THEIR sake? Leave out where they can them, a variety of snacks that they can have anytime. Yes, this means they may eat lots of crackers for a while. But that they aren't DO overhungry may actually help them...
my son is in Montessori, where they go 3-6 and the last is the 'kindy year'... they do pretty much expect those last year kids to either be reading or working on skills towards doing it very soon. i think they are pressured a bit by 90% of their kids going on into public 1st, that they not be 'behind' from doing K out of the k-12 system. my kid read early; if he went to public K next year, i don't know what he would do while others learned what he knew.
I went to their public meetings last May, met the teachers... at that time, they had JUST found a school site and had a lot of things still unplanned- at only 4 months to go before school. We really feel the first year is a shakedown year, and very glad that our son is a few years younger! I haven't heard any news since... Quote: Originally Posted by CS1968 Hello, I am interested in possibly sending my son to The Ivy School in Portland next year...
i live in portland where there are tons on mdc mommas, but those of us who never really 'know' anyone outside of online never meet up. i find it very odd to chat like crazy with people so close and never see each other in person, but it is what it is. Quote: Originally Posted by tinybutterfly I met an MDC mom once and she lived just 20 minutes away! She was really nice! But I am so flakey, hate to call on the phone...and have trouble scheduling get...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna Personally, I'm not comfortable leaving kids overnight until they are verbal enough to understand what it means and ask. Some kids that might be 2. Some kids aren't ready until 7. -Angela When it's the kid's idea. For me, that was 3.5 Coincidentally, that's about when he started sleeping through- wasn't going to have him go before that.
I never would have seen a movie in Kindy... the first real movie (something other than a science film) I remember at school was about 4th grade and it was for a holiday party. If I ever was kept in for weather or other reasons, there would be organized things like 'Heads up, 7up'- actual play activities. Maybe it's cause I live in Portland, OR, but I can't imagine recess cancelled due to rain... my preschooler has a full rain gear set complete with pants and they go...
I've never been interested, neither is kiddo. It's dark, cold, and rainy... many of the houses are not participants, we would rather stay in. ok and we never have good costume ideas. Quote: Originally Posted by Rosebud1 Yuck.... I just do not like Halloween! Maybe I have gotten more extreme as a parent, but I just don't like the dark energy. Where I live, even the events for children have what I feel is an inappropriate tone -- "HELLoween:...
Ditto all of this! Well, no sibling issuess... but we have bossy, screamning, always being 'wrong' in kiddo's mind... and oh yes, i am mean a lot. even better he says 'i want to hit you!!'- then does it. very sad dynamic... Quote: Originally Posted by angie7 That sounds harsh I know but that's how I feel. I have 3.5 year old twin girls (they will be 4 in March) They are so bossy and scream at me for what seems like anything right now. This...