or Connect

Posts by spottiew

Quote: Originally Posted by takebirthback I'm sorry. That's a bummer, and I think it was very rude. I sold a couch on CL to a women that couldn't pay for a few days. She really wanted it, came to look at it and was upfront about not having the money for a few days. I said she could take the couch when she had the money. In the meantime I had someone email me and say they could come pick it up right then with cash in hand. It was tempting, but I told...
Quote: Originally Posted by EFmom Personally, I think that any more than two is a sign something's a little off. I've had five at one time... If the person can take care of all of them, if the house doesn't reek and isn't coated in hair, and if it doesn't negatively affect her family, I'd just figure she loves cats. I love having 5! They get along so well, they take care of each other a lot- probably just like a large family of kids. My house...
Quote: Originally Posted by AutumnAir Okay, then, so enlighten me as to what it is that I do wrong. By the Law of Attraction I should have a nice little village to help and be helped by - but that's just not how it's worked out for me... same here... i am the only one who WANTS to get together- everyone else is too busy, everyone else already has friends, they don't need me. i don't like always being the one to ask- i already do it for the...
Quote: Originally Posted by proudmamanow Our dd cried at drop off almost every day for four months last year. We realized that the experience of going to school in a 2nd language environment (among other factors) was triggering major anxiety in our previously school loving kid. We pulled her out and she is at home this year. And much happier. My main regret is making her go there terrified for so long, but the school seemed to be a perfect fit otherwise &...
this would be a good lunch to me! ok, maybe carrot better than celery, but yes, this is the kind of thing my kid eats. Sure, i can wish he ate better, but the reality is, that's his kind of thing= not soups or chicken. I'm also thinking they like the 'finger food' aspect, vs. silverware- and may be less mess. Quote: Originally Posted by peaceful_mama OK I just happened to look at my kid's lunch menu for next week. He is in preschool. The lunch...
Quote: Originally Posted by daytripper75 Yeah, everyone knows that level two and level three readers are all about drugs, sex and rock & roll. If inappropriate content is the biggest of her worries I would tell her that I will select and send in appropriate books for my dd to read during reading class. I'm annoyed for you! I used to read 'inappropriate' books above my level... but since I didn't understand those parts, I just read right...
Sara. Your PM box is full. Though all I was going to say was Happy Birthday And that I would love to see you and Nico if you ever want to set up a playdate (hahaha, never works does it). We are fine, Kieran is just very... something. Challenging, I guess. Wears me out. Take care, Jill
yes they are small. once we went to another brand, they are huge.
the only reason we would be at any restaurant is cause we need to eat... and for us, toy/playarea first means eating suffers- and not eating doesn't do kiddo so well. so we TRY to convince him to eat before play, but it's hard. it prob. doesn't help that he doesn't love the food now that i think about it... Quote: Originally Posted by Marsupialmom At that age.........the only time we went to MCD is when there was no other option and my kids needed...
i have a knack for always seeming to be going at the no-kids time (which is the opposite of what i want)... but when we do manage to get when there are other kids, mine is one who will go up to other families- not because i'm not paying attention, but because he finds the other people interesting; he doesn't see that he should stay away.. and i don't tell him to stop unless he's REALLY bothering someone. it seems weird to go a park and not interact with people there-...