or Connect

Posts by spottiew

Quote: Originally Posted by KweenKrunch We ban words like stupid, shut-up, fart, butt, the usual profanity/racial slurs, and also words like "bottle" "formula" (wrt ABM) "pacifier" "crib" etc. It's not that I think those are nasty, rude words, but I am not sure my kids are mature enough to fully grasp the deep sociological/cultural implications of them. butt? a body part you can't say? that is odd to me (sorry).
my school tries to divvy up event times (some midday, some eve), and no one likes the eve at all! they would rather take off work, actually. but then the dynamic changes and the school's way of things doesn't. we aren't really given much chance to volunteer, but then they don't really need it either. Quote: Originally Posted by Seasons I can't volunteer because I work full-time. But my dd's school makes it nigh-impossible for single, working...
my kid took his off daily for the first 6 months last year... teacher said if there was a fire drill he had to go out in sockfeet. i always send him in soft indoor shoes, they switch to sturdy outdoor boots for outdoor play. as for nap, some kids nap in undies only! Quote: Originally Posted by hempmama Yes, it's normal in most preschools. My kids have been to 4 now, 3 keep shoes on, 1 off. To be honest the one that takes them off is a pain. We get...
there are times when he seems to be asking me for limits and direction- which i figure must be consensual since it's his idea and he engages in that interaction... and there are times when it seems needed to 'help' in cases where can't/doesn't help himself. i don't know if this fits with CL, but it seems true for us and meets his needs. i think i would be cruel to watch him suffer being out of control when he doesn't know the repercussions. he doesn't want freedom all the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ivan's Mom That is how I felt as well about fb. I only wanted people there who I was actually friends with. I have some acquaintances from hs on there that never post to my wall or photos and never update there own pages. We had the initial message and that was it. I want to keep my friend list short and active. you can just tell her that.. if she really wants to be 'in touch', you can use regular email.
Quote: Originally Posted by MarineWife Finally, a little about my situation right now. My main issue is with the demands that my 5yo makes. He expects me to do whatever he wants whenever he wants it no matter what. If I don't do what he wants right away, he screams and wails and has a fit. I've tried talking to him about it, giving him reasonable reasons for why I can't do whatever it is right now, like I'm in the bathroom. He won't accept any of them. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Linda on the move Many schools do this. It's the norm. They don't do it at the school my kid attends because the parents joined together and said that it wasn't recess. The kids need to move around and talk and watching a movie (any movie) doesn't give them a chance to do so. for real? what happened to heads-up 7-up? i rarely had to have indoor reccess, but we sure didn't get to watch any movie... movies had to be...
Pita chips and hummus is our fav. Also not mentioned yet is cold pizza.
Quote: Originally Posted by aniT I grew up in the 70's and we didn't have any of that. However my mother worked full time and I was a latch key kid. my parents never had friends other than my dad's work collegues, and my mom would know the neighbors and parents of us kids' friends... now, they are retired, and live in a town with a high-retirement population, are involved in so many volunteer activities- and have tons of friends! i go visit...
my company got reported to the federal labor dept, wage and hour division- they act fast, they came out and examined us- let us off the hook for first offense, but any future action is a stiff fine- tho they do not check up on us, it would have to be another complaint. it wasn't about contractors (tho my boss has done that), it was about overtime done wrong (by a bad accountant) Quote: Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl Just FYI- I wouldn't go to the...