or Connect

Posts by spottiew

I went to 6th at a Jr High, but we were a totally seperate part of the school (in portable buildings), and really did not interact with the 7/8's, so it was like we had our own school- own lunch, own recess, they switched classes and we did not... we had one main teacher, but switched for reading and math based on ability level. It was a memorable year. Then I moved, and went to a standard 7/8 Jr High.
I'm in a similar situation age-wise, probably going to start my son at 2 3/4 in Íep, vs. waiting until he's 3 3/4... and would rather do less than 5 days, but the school here did talk to me about it a lot- they get many kids of that age in Sep, so they are used to what they are like... they do adust, or if not, they would tell you they aren't ready, and my place focuses on having empathy for the kids, so if he's tired, they make do and take care of him.. just talking with...
I also have one who tells me no diapers, but isn't ready to be without... he used to sit great on the potty, and we were working on telling me when he needed to go... then he backslid, and will. not. sit. he has gotten back into diapers, mostly, and I'm wondering now if his brief potty-sitting time was good or bad...
Quote: Originally Posted by Anumaria It sounds to me like a matter of his wanting to control his environment. My almost 2-year-old will often go on the potty by herself or go when asked to (but only if she needs to go). However, we went through some times when she refused to sit on the potty. (She has been more or less EC'd since 7 months old.) Usually we got through those times by coming up with something new and exciting: Toilet instead of potty,...
Well, yesterday, he told us it was all about diapers. I guess we are now asking him if he wants to sit, and just go with his answer... he knows how to do it, so we are letting him pick if he wants potty or diapers. Yes, the teacher is nuts, yes the center director is screwy too- we just don't want to move him since preschool will be in the fall...
Hi, please tell me if there is a better place for this than 'Toddlers'... my son is 2. His ex-day care teacher, against center policy, and without parental notification, began potty training his class 2 months ago. At home, he decided he didn't want to wear diapers anymore, and was getting interested in sitting on the potty- all good so far. Then, that teacher was let go, his room was moved (the plan all along, thus why the timing was stupid), and he lost interest. His...
Ok, I just went to my first Montessori class visit at an open house... they had me and hubby both go into a class and sit on 2 adult-size chairs, not side-by-side but in in different areas of the room. The kids were doing all sorts of acitvities, the teachers were in amongst them... my question is: the kids all pretty much ignored us adult observers. My kiddo is only 2 now (so we are planning ahead), but his reaction now to someone coming in like that would be to watch...