or Connect

Posts by spottiew

Quote: Originally Posted by FuzzyOne i would definitely eat there - the name appeals to my sense of humor. but, most people i know would not eat there. i would definitely pick a different name. i think it's hilarioius, i would eat there- who do you want to appeal to exactly? if it's 'everyone', then no, it woldn't be good.
Quote: Originally Posted by sweetpeppers Even in the tribes she talked about, adults still sometimes played with children, and she says that they were nursed whenever they wanted it. Children weren't made to work ever. They helped when they wanted to, and played the rest of the time. I disagree that watching us take care of the house and do every day things is not go to stimulate intellectual development. Children copy our behavior in their play. I do...
Quote: Originally Posted by QueenOfThePride From what I've read, by age three, children should have moved from parallel play into cooperative play. If a three year old does not have at least one friend that they will engage with in cooperative play, they are socially delayed and deserve to at least be tested for autism or other delays. There could be other things like social anxiety or selective mutism. The best thing for you to do is read, read, read...
Quote: Originally Posted by The Hidden Life That's nice that you get a week for Thanksgiving! I wish ours did that. i never knew ppl had that... ppl around here are starting to all want 2 weeks for spring...
it's recommended by travel books and mags... as a nice thing to do- and there are envelopes and welcome cards sometimes... you know 'hi, my name is julie, i cleaned your room'- i figured those were to solicit tips! i tip if my kid (or me) trashes things such that it needs more than an average clean. Quote: Originally Posted by aniT I have asked many people I know over the last couple days and they don't tip maids. It never occurred toN them. And...
i always thought it was rude to discuss social plans that you have with others... like i'm not going to tell friend A that i'm going to meet up with friend B without A... but if A happens to find out, that's not rude. dunno how FB works into it, cause i don't do that- guess it's not a good way to keep an event secret!
what's funny is I know some ppl who think 15 is way too HIGH, and others who think 15 is way too LOW... here, the servers already make minimum, so if every table tipped an extra $10, those servers are better paid than most of the customers! Quote: Originally Posted by limabean So ... that'd be option #4, since "at least 15%" includes 20% and up. So ... that'd be option #2, since I stated in my OP that this was for satisfactory service. This is why...
There needs to be a polite way to state 'if i don't hear from you, i won't plan for you'; such that you can't just decide 'day of' in this particular case...
just a view from the outside, of knowing friends from large families... they seem closer to their siblings than their parents. and were more secure in their siblings than their friends. like their family was more of their life than for me. they all seemed happy, but 'in their own world' in a way.
Quote: Originally Posted by imagine21 This may be the wrong issue to raise, but as a high school teacher, teaching mainly seniors, I always felt that 19 year olds should not be in high school, it may give them an academic advantage in elementary school but it doesn't work at the other end. i have always wondered that. i started kindy a few weeks shy of 5. around here, the trend is to be 6... so wouldn't that make for some old hs seniors!...