or Connect

Posts by cahwilson

I am looking for the same thing. We just moved to the area. I called Namaste Health Care but they are not taking new patients. 
We won't be making it. :( My one year old woke up with a cold. Hopefully we can catch you all another time!
We will be there about 1:30 as well. I will wear a bright orangish pink shirt.I have a 4 year old girl with curly hair and a one year old girl. We will plan on meeting everyone around the playground if that works for you all. 
I feel for you! I have a 4 year old and 1 year old in south county and my oldest has allergies. When she was your son's age we couldn't do anything either. She was way more sensitive when she was younger and at that age she would eat things other kids had or find cheerios on the floor and eat them. It was rough. It has gotten better though! Now that she is 4 almost 5 she knows what makes her sick and she won't go near it. She is also less sensitive now than she was...
We go to Alvin Sams at Dental Kids in Florissant (he is also one of very few medicaid providers). My daughter has severe decay due to malabsorption as an infant/toddler and he was great. He never blamed us or asked about breastfeeding or anything. They were also cool with not cleaning her teeth b/c she has food allergies and there was no ingredient list on the toothpaste. My dd had 4 teeth pulled and he got in and out quickly and passed no judgement.  We go back in on...
Thank you all for responding. I get to these points where I am just so overwhelmed with her. I am really frustrated that the ped doesn't take me seriously. I just want so much for dd to be able to get some help, and really for me to get some help! Many, many nights I have cried after dd goes to bed because parenting her is just so hard. Dh and I start to feel clueless because nothing seems to work with her. I hope a developmental ped or someone will see us without a...
My dd just turned 4 and it feels like we have had so many issues and no answers. I don't know who to turn to anymore and this is getting so overwhelming for me! She just has all these odd behaviors that no one else's kids seem to be doing. Since she was a baby she has done this thing, we call her belly thing, where she lays down and crosses her legs and pushes something into her stomach. She has to have her stomach tensed up really tight. She has had digestive problems...
Quote: Originally Posted by mumkimum If this were us, I'd probably go. DD (also 4) gets congested a lot during the fall/winter and if I didn't go places while she was congested we'd be stuck in the house all the time . Then again, if it's really easy for you to adjust your visit a day or two (and the cold is recent) I'd do that. (Its just that, for us, we're rarely able to adjust planned vacations/dh's time off and stuff - so it'd be go or not...
We go with my parents since my husband can't take off of work. My mom works crazy hours so she rarely gets a chance to get away. I could take them by myself, but I hesitate a little to do that. It is easier when I can ride in back with the baby, and I have to bring all of our food, pans, etc to cook since my daughter has food allergies. It is just soooo much easier with an extra set of hands! My moms mom passed away suddenly, recently and it was before she got to meet my...
I have a 4 year old and a 9 month old and they both have a cold although the 9 month old hardly has any symptoms. They are acting fine, although congested. We were supposed to go visit my Grandma which is a 4 hour drive tomorrow through Thursday. I really want to go, but my concern is Grandma getting sick or it ending up being miserable. My mom talked to Grandma and she is okay with us coming and said it doesn't mean she will get sick. This is true, but I would feel...